6 )
Old June 15th, 2010, 10:11 PM

Colour

7 )

8 )

9 )
Old June 17th, 2010, 04:28 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Tell us about which Holga you use and your workflow train. Love to know the cost of this advanced gear!

I really enjoy the kids here. You have interacted with what's there and brought to us some wonderful images. There's a lot space to add our own thoughts. Thanks.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old June 18th, 2010, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Tell us about which Holga you use and your workflow train. Love to know the cost of this advanced gear!

Asher

I wondered if my use of the word Holga as a title would trip some up. Sorry about the deception. I tried to qualify it by adding the "Digital Holga (processed)" caption before the images. While there was a time when inlcuded some "real" Holga shots in my wedding and portrait work, I haven't shot with film cameras for 6 years and no longer have anything film related.

The "Holga" look was something that appealed to me from time to time. I always like to degrade and grunge up the quality of my images, and have at times used the full arsenal of my Photoshop tools to emulate a look or feel from traditional prints that I have produced in the past. In this case, most of the work was done with a Photoshop plugin called Silver Efex Pro from Nik Software. There is a setting called Holga. Once applied I then further manipulated with curves and dodging and burning to taste.
Old June 18th, 2010, 12:10 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Watcher View Post
I wondered if my use of the word Holga as a title would trip some up. Sorry about the deception. I tried to qualify it by adding the "Digital Holga (processed)" caption before the images. While there was a time when inlcuded some "real" Holga shots in my wedding and portrait work, I haven't shot with film cameras for 6 years and no longer have anything film related.

The "Holga" look was something that appealed to me from time to time. I always like to degrade and grunge up the quality of my images, and have at times used the full arsenal of my Photoshop tools to emulate a look or feel from traditional prints that I have produced in the past. In this case, most of the work was done with a Photoshop plugin called Silver Efex Pro from Nik Software. There is a setting called Holga. Once applied I then further manipulated with curves and dodging and burning to taste.
Thanks for updating me. That you made such negatives with the Holga and film give you a pass, LOL to emulate that look as much as you like! Could you also post some of the original Holga work too. I'd love to see how it looks.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old June 18th, 2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Could you also post some of the original Holga work too. I'd love to see how it looks.
I would - however I haven't shot with the Holga since I went digital - so at least 6 years ago - - - and have nothing on my current hard drives that is that old. I don't even remember what jobs I would go search for on old CD or DVD archives (which I have storage containers full). Sorry.
Old June 18th, 2010, 01:37 PM

Hi, Robert,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Watcher View Post
I wondered if my use of the word Holga as a title would trip some up.
After Holga got married, her modeling was just not the same.

Quote:
Sorry about the deception.
Oh, we get all kinds of abuse here.

Best regards,

Doug
Old January 22nd, 2011, 08:24 AM

I love the look and feel of these. Is this something you do for a few shots only? Or is the whole wedding shot in this style?