Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Wedding and Event

Old August 20th, 2011, 11:29 AM

Default Family Beach Portraits on Folly Beach South Carolina

Here are a few shots from my recent beach sessions on Folly Beach South Carolina

Old August 20th, 2011, 06:34 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi pritchard View Post
Here are a few shots from my recent beach sessions on Folly Beach South Carolina

Chi,

Superb imagery!

Who dresses the folks with clothes to match? What's the story?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old August 20th, 2011, 07:06 PM

Hi, Chi,

Quote:
All great. I think #2 is my favorite!

Best regards,

Doug
Old August 21st, 2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
.... from my recent beach sessions on Folly Beach South Carolina

Chi Pritchard: Untitled

Chi,

I love them all, this one especially since it's so unusual. We're so trusted by the artist to complete the picture of a celebrating family. I'd sure like to hear the story of these exceptional celebratory folk! Hmm, was this a group baptism or just a frolicking wet wedding or family reunion?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old August 21st, 2011, 08:07 AM

Thank you Asher, I guess i'm a little better at telling my stories from behind the camera. You might notice that in my blog posts on my website. There's really not alot in my posts,but my pictures. I find it easier to articulate behind the scenes if you will. This family is from Ohio and there were 4 generations present. They come to Charleston every year for the past 30 years. Starting with the eldest members of the family. They decided it was time to capture the family in pictures. So, we got together and I wanted to make it as fun as possible. Not posed and just let them be themselves. They were a really great family and hopefully i'll get to see the next generation grow up over the years.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Thank you Asher, I guess i'm a little better at telling my stories from behind the camera. You might notice that in my blog posts on my website. There's really not alot in my posts,but my pictures. I find it easier to articulate behind the scenes if you will. This family is from Ohio and there were 4 generations present. They come to Charleston every year for the past 30 years. Starting with the eldest members of the family. They decided it was time to capture the family in pictures. So, we got together and I wanted to make it as fun as possible. Not posed and just let them be themselves. They were a really great family and hopefully i'll get to see the next generation grow up over the years.
Excellent work. We can imagine a lot from what you show. A little text will go a long way in these picture sets.

Looking forward to your next surprise!

Asher

Old August 23rd, 2011, 08:30 PM

Hi Chi,

No need to insist on how gorgeous, fresh and "feel good" are the photos, but what a wonderful statement of family togetherness. That's special.

Regards,

Ruben
Old September 21st, 2011, 10:12 AM

I love the choice of the fisheye with #2. I think it really fits the shot well!
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:23 AM

Default thank you

Thank you, It's been a long summer and these were some of my favorite.
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:

Chi,

Revisiting this obviously beautiful and sentimental picture, beyond the wonderful landscape and delightful image of the little girl in a white dress, there's something that catches my eye and draws attention to itself. It's the long shadow spreading on the sand towards us on the foreground. Do you have other images with the complete shadow? I'd love to see how it looked.

Asher

Old March 15th, 2013, 01:03 AM

Amazing snaps!! Love the vibrant colors used in the composition of the family photographs on the beach.
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:33 AM

Gorgeous work! I love the colors in all of these.
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:26 PM

These are amazing great light, great composition, and obviously great backdrop i love when weather works for us and not against us!