Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Wedding and Event

Old September 7th, 2013, 06:00 PM

Default Please critique my scenic

So we went on some back roads today on our way back from a small Texas town. This scene caught my eye so I pulled over and took 5 angles and this was my favorite. I gave the edges a little ocean ripple filter for more of a painting feeling.

Canon 40D
28-70 Sigma
100th @ F22
ISO 125

Portraits in San Antonio Texas
Old September 8th, 2013, 01:05 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Rives View Post
So we went on some back roads today on our way back from a small Texas town. This scene caught my eye so I pulled over and took 5 angles and this was my favorite. I gave the edges a little ocean ripple filter for more of a painting feeling.

Canon 40D
28-70 Sigma
100th @ F22
ISO 125

Portraits in San Antonio Texas

Richard,

This is very rich with sienna against blue sky. There's one sprig of a branch with spikes/berries that mimics the steel wire of the fence. I like that detail.

I'd clone out the fragment of wire orphaned in the upper right corner. The name on the bottom doesn't need to be so large. Your picture is not better protected this way, it just distracts. Try a version with the text just about 2-4 cm wide, max. More important is to add your notice and rights usage to hte IPTC code. You can do this by using FILE -INFO in Photoshop.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.