Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself How about you talk about you...

Old November 13th, 2007, 05:48 AM

Default Hello From Australia: EMPLOYMENT & SOCIAL ROLES: 1944-2007

I am 63, a Canadian who moved to Australia in 1971 and have written 3 books--all available on the internet. I retired from full-time teaching in 1999, part-time teaching in 2004 and volunteer/casual teaching/work in 2005 after 35 years in classrooms. My wife is a Tasmanian, We’ve 3 children. In addition, I have been a member of the Baha’i Faith for 48 years! http://www.users.on.net/~ronprice/

Last edited by Asher Kelman; November 13th, 2007 at 04:56 PM. Reason: form
Old November 13th, 2007, 06:37 AM

Hi Ron,

Getting in first, b4 Asher, I guess, welcome to opf.

Although your cv is quite impressive, this is primarily a photography related forum, and you do not mention you photography skills or aspirations. Perhaps you could link us to some of your photos.

Best wishes,

Ray
Old November 13th, 2007, 04:57 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

My welcome is right there after Ray! He's fast!

Could your share with us the url of any gallery you might have and your interests in photography.

Asher

BTW, is that your leopard on your website?

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old November 13th, 2007, 05:26 PM

Default No Problem

If you go to my website and then click on the "autobiography" section at the bottom; click there and scroll down(turn left take a right and the joint is on the left behind A&W hamburgers). You will find a few of my photos on that page. Apologies for overdoing the "intro section." Most people only want a "hello, how are ya?" intro--that's fine. I'm happy to fi tinto the local mode.
My interest in photography is academic; my wife takes all the photos, mans the camera, works out the angels. I organize the albums.-Ron
Old November 15th, 2007, 02:07 AM

Default Our Camera and Photos At Home: Some Details

The photos taken by my wife are with a Riva Zoom70 Minolta camera, made in China or Osaka Japan(31808282). We have 12 family albums. The oldest photo was taken by someone in my mother's family in Ontario in 1908; my first wife also had a collection of photos which are, now, part of my collection. The women in my life have taken virtually all the photos and I, on the other hand, read about the subject. -Ron Price, Tasmania, Australia.
Old November 15th, 2007, 02:14 AM

Default My Post in the "Provocative Thoughts Section" Below

If you go to:

My Post in the "Provocative Thoughts Section" Below...you will see/read some of my thoughts....too many probably....but some of my thoughts nevertheless.-Ron
Old November 15th, 2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post
The photos taken by my wife are with a Riva Zoom70 Minolta camera, made in China or Osaka Japan(31808282). We have 12 family albums. The oldest photo was taken by someone in my mother's family in Ontario in 1908; my first wife also had a collection of photos which are, now, part of my collection. The women in my life have taken virtually all the photos and I, on the other hand, read about the subject. -Ron Price, Tasmania, Australia.
Ron, mate, good fellow, do I have to fly over to Australia and copy your old pics and post them? Or, is there a chance you might actually show them? We'd be fascinated. Photographs count! If you happen to know the cameras used that's even better.

Some people collect lenses, some drool over the latest of everyrthing. My interest is simple; the photograph itself, its creation and appreciation.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 05:02 AM

Default Belated Apologies Asher

It has been nearly 2 and 1/2 years since I was at this site. Belated Apologies Asher.-Ron
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post
It has been nearly 2 and 1/2 years since I was at this site. Belated Apologies Asher.-Ron

Welcome back home Ron! I never forgot you! Now post some pictures and tell us how your feel on the others that interest you!

Asher

Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:06 PM

Default After another 3 years.....

After another 3 years.....I'll see what I can do about getting some photos at this site, Asher.-Ron
Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:21 PM

Default Here Are Some Photos at My Facebook Page

Here Are Some Photos at My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ronprice9/photos (click on the words "your photos") and: https://www.facebook.com/ronprice9/photos_all

Last edited by RonPrice; February 22nd, 2014 at 11:24 PM. Reason: To add a link