Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself How about you talk about you...

Old February 9th, 2014, 03:23 PM

Default Welcome John Gibb Millspaugh!

Hi, all! I'd like to introduce my friend, John Gibb Millspaugh! I'm excited he's decided to join. He has some interesting questions, too.
Old February 9th, 2014, 10:44 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Foster View Post
Hi, all! I'd like to introduce my friend, John Gibb Millspaugh! I'm excited he's decided to join. He has some interesting questions, too.
Glad to see you back too! We miss those flower and people pictures! Glad you have brought in a new member. We are looking forward to his presence!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old February 10th, 2014, 04:38 PM

Thanks! John will arrive soon, I imagine. He has some good questions about a micro four thirds system.
Old February 10th, 2014, 07:41 PM

Default I've arrived! Great to discover open photography forums!

Thanks, Rachel, itís good to be here, and to be part of this virtual community with you!

Iíve long enjoyed casual portraits and macro photography (especially insectsómy grandfather was an entomologist), but Iím new to more serious photography and its associated price range.

Iím trying to be smart about the first one or two lenses I buy for a micro four thirds system. As Rachel mentioned, Iím planning to purchase the OMD E-M10 that Olympus announced on January 29 of this year. If youíre unfamiliar with it, it's no pro DSLR but it seems great for my needs...ISO range of 200 to 25,600 (with a low ISO 100 equivalent setting), contrast detection autofocus system with 81 points, sequential shooting at fps for up to 20 RAW shots (before slowing), 16 MP, included EVF of 1.44 million dots, manual control dials , max shutter speed of 1/8000, and the same processor as the E-M5.

As you can tell Iím happy with these specs. But I have no clue about what lenses to start off with. I just started a new thread on that topic here in the ďAll other DSLR's and Four Thirds, 4/3" forum. Is there a better place for this conversation? In any case, Iíd appreciate your stopping by with any lens advice you might have, or any banter youíd enjoy about the 4/3 system!

Regards, and thanks Rachel,

John