Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Uptown: Explore at your risk! Beware! You hold OPF harmless by you participation! > Education, Training, Workshops and Shoot Opportunities.

Education, Training, Workshops and Shoot Opportunities. Photography & Printing: Articles, Books, Training, Seminars & Travel. Approx 12 lines per post. Combine your items in one thread per member.

Old December 6th, 2010, 04:26 AM

Default Photography Education in The Netherlands

Hi there ,

I love this forum and the people on it .

I am originally Dutch , but have been living in Seoul South Korea for the last 12 years.
My friend Derek who is also a photographer here and he will be returning to his home country of Canada to follow a Masters Degree in Fine Arts and Photography.

I would also love to get a higher education in photography and would like to know if anyone know
about any higher education possibilities for me if I return to the Netherlands.

Kind Regards

Ralph Honsbeek

Http://www.fluidr.com/photos/dslr_mania
Old December 6th, 2010, 08:56 AM
pro member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Honsbeek View Post
I would also love to get a higher education in photography and would like to know if anyone know about any higher education possibilities for me if I return to the Netherlands.
Hi Ralph,

Here is a summary of various educational opportunities in the Netherlands:
http://www.fotoexpositie.nl/opleidingen/index.html

Which one fits best for your current level and the direction (more technical or more artistic) you aspire, is probably best judged by yourself. The list should get you going, ask for info and form your personal opinion.

I think that for the more artistic kind, the "Akademie voor Kunst en Vormgeving St. Joost Den Bosch" might be a safe choice. They offer Bachelors and Masters degree education in different directions, but you'll probably need to offer a portfolio before they allow you to enroll. There are also courses to improve the chance of admission, and for building a portfolio.

Good luck, and keep us posted about your experiences, others may benefit as well.

Cheers,
Bart