Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Art from Found Photographs

Art from Found Photographs Sadly, works get forgotten. A good eye can bring new life if one has humor, knowledge and vision. The used pictures must be either yours, from the public domain or legal rights of usage having been obtained. Be prepared to explain image sources without being defensive or mad at the moderator. This does not diminish your art, just helps with historical provenance.

Old June 23rd, 2018, 04:14 AM

Default 48 hour gallery with Louis Armstrong and more ...

I had the chance to open a new gallery for 48 hours =). This because there was a celebration in my suburb and a big store was empty, so to hide that I could make a new "gallery".

This was fun as I discovered that many of the images I took in New York years ago could be the base of the exhibition and I also made some portraits based on William Gottliebs images from the 40s and 50s of iconic jazz artists ( that all have been in New York performing ).

Here is a part of the shop window with the six portraits.

... and here is the whole "shop".

//http://www.pellepiano.com
Old June 23rd, 2018, 05:11 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Beautiful!

I admire Louis Armstrong and am so pleased for you to bring us these images.

We celebrated the Black musician but haven't respected the Black American!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.