Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Interactive Artist Showcase

Interactive Artist Showcase Guest photographers will present work for your questions and discussion.

Old May 16th, 2015, 11:51 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Default OPF Gallery One, "By Appointment only"

A major task to transfer create space and rehang an entire 90 piece photographic exhibition. Well, that's what we're doing and David out meticulous finisher and hanger has been busy doing exactly that. So far, we have a good part of the exhibition reinstalled in our home. This will be the location of visits by potential collectors and decorators for the promotion and sale of our photography.

So far we have pictures of the following photographers hung

Chris Calohan 2
Jerome Marot 3
Charlotte Thompson 6
Nicolas Claris 5
Paula Chamlee 1 veery large
Michael A. Smith 1 very large
Asher Kelman 6

Next wednesday we will start the next session.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old May 16th, 2015, 06:14 PM

Here is a look at the new "By Appointment Only" gallery setting. Charlotte's layered creations greet us on the right.

Below, one of my photographs of Jessica, a favorite muse and brilliant collaborator.

Above to the right, the barest glimpse of Charlotte's work again and below three more.

Then we have Chris's photography by the kitchen. It really reacts with the environment and is the first set that my wife said she had to have....but these where the first she saw, LOL!

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old May 16th, 2015, 07:52 PM

Once again, we start with one of Charlotte Thompson's beautifully layered constructed picture and then we see in the next room Niolas's Bangladesh picture o painted boats on the beach.

Now a small selection of Jerome Marot's brilliantly decorated walls of the now abandoned and raised "young people's camp or colony. A remarkable and rare extant record that vibrant life existed here before the bulldozers came.

Now if one glances to the left to the next room, we are greeted by Nicolas Claris' new abstract series made by moving the camera in relation to fixed lights ... next to it is one of mine of my muses, this is Jessica, a super gentle and fine educated educated young lady, (and speaks fluent Mandarin, for which I take her word as I have never learned a single word of that challenging language). She wouldn't take a fee for her work, just thrilled to collaborate as an artist!

Now in sequence, Paul Chamlee's and then Michael A. Smith's highly collectable works work printed large on super flat surfaces of Dibond laminated aluminum. This allows a large amount of light to shine on the picture without getting any glare or reflections and provides an excellent viewing experience.

Old May 16th, 2015, 08:24 PM

Very beautiful display Asher.
Old May 16th, 2015, 09:16 PM

Your pictures would have added so much to the collection. It would have been worth the struggle to give up some of my own darlings!

Thanks for visiting and your won extensive work in Nicaragua with your fab wife.

Asher

Old June 6th, 2015, 07:29 AM

o wow I am just discovering this! Look @ my babies hanging in such an exquisite palace. I know they love it!

Charlotte-
Old June 6th, 2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte thompson View Post
o wow I am just discovering this! Look @ my babies hanging in such an exquisite palace. I know they love it!

Charlotte-
I have to get David my hanger back to continue the huge process of putting more pictures for display. Your "babies" seemed to "need" to be by the bar, LOL!

Asher

Old June 6th, 2015, 01:00 PM

Asher

ahahaaaa O they know me well..they do my "little darling ones …
gotta be next to" Shevkoff Vodka" they will!

Charlotte-
Old June 7th, 2015, 09:06 AM

Hi, Asher,

This is all just wondrous. What a great project!

Best regards,

Doug
Old June 8th, 2015, 10:24 AM
pro member

Very nice display !!
If you have some of mine, let me know ;-)
Old February 27th, 2017, 11:16 AM

Well, at last, we made a first substantial sale in the 4 figures. I have had a number of prospective buyers look at the OPF Gallery One collection. Now we have actually sold one piece to a happy collector. It's one of the wild flower collections by Paula Chamlee.

I am so pleased that we at least have one foot on the bottom rung of the ladder. I am now going to see how I can extend our reach.

I will be making enquiries to exhibition space that is free or economical.

But that will take time. This week the final steel components for my large sculpture get installed and then I just have to work on lighting and a safety railing and it's all done. So I will have more time!

Asher

Old February 27th, 2017, 11:23 AM

I will be hanging more of your pictures in the long upstairs hallway especially painted for our gallery and will post the presentation shortly.

Asher

Old February 27th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Administrator

You keep working Asher and with success !

Congratulations to Paula !

Thank you Asher for all your diligent work !
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder