Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Art from Found Photographs

Art from Found Photographs Sadly, works get forgotten. A good eye can bring new life if one has humor, knowledge and vision. The used pictures must be either yours, from the public domain or legal rights of usage having been obtained. Be prepared to explain image sources without being defensive or mad at the moderator. This does not diminish your art, just helps with historical provenance.

Old May 9th, 2013, 11:28 AM

Default Ghost Dogs

I took this photo 11 years ago. I think it must have been with my first digital camera, a really low end Minox branded thing. At the time I just passed it by because of the low technical merits.

Now the dogs are gone. I ran across the image today, looking for something else. It speaks to me, because it reflects a short period of time when the dogs had fun together (before they got mean to each other). I don't think I ever got a good photo of the two of them together like this. When I saw it this morning I immediately thought of cropping it and applying the brushstroke filter to it.

Ghost Dogs -- Bob Rogers
March 21, 2002
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:48 AM

Bob

I for one am very moved by it! I loveLove the ghostly effects and the memories idea of the effect
I could see this as an overlay very much so either in bandw or sepia_ It does have a lot of possibilities _

Charlotte_