Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Digital Camera Discussion > Mirrorless Pro-Class Cameras with Interchangeable Lenses

Mirrorless Pro-Class Cameras with Interchangeable Lenses Sony A7, A7R and similar high end cameras that can serve as the sole cameras on Pro-event assignments.

Old July 21st, 2015, 08:41 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
Great Asher... great !
Thanks, Antonio!

No processing of the photo of the model, herself, (besides the modest acuity of Topaz in Photoshop). The edges of the gold reflective material have been blended with the rest of the room, that's all.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old July 21st, 2015, 09:10 AM

Here's an example of an out of the camera jpg with no processing.

Asher Kelman: Jasmine on gold III

Sony A7R 55mm Contax Zeiss Distagon 2.0
out of camera jpg, Photoshop CC 2015

The "zebra" stripe in the top edge is the rug below the table the gold layer is resting on.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Here's an example of an out of the camera jpg with no processing.

Asher Kelman: Jasmine on gold III

Sony A7R 55mm Contax Zeiss Distagon 2.0
out of camera jpg, Photoshop CC 2015

Yes, she's beautiful, but the ladder is not high enough to get her in the picture easily without getting so high on the ladder that it's no longer so safe. I take overlapping pictures. The dark shadow is inherent for that location without additional lighting or reflectors and something I can live with in this session with natural light.

So most the shots in this series in this series require both stitching and addressing the shadows or exploiting them for dramatic effect.

The next in this series will be set up directly on the ground which will give that extra needed height and even allow the use of the 50mm Leica Summilux M lens instead ....... And studio lights!

Asher

Old July 22nd, 2015, 10:22 AM
Administrator

I like best this one.
Mind the stairs !
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:56 PM

Hi, Asher,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Yes, she's beautiful, but the ladder is not high enough to get her in the picture easily without getting so high on the ladder that it's no longer so safe. I take overlapping pictures. The dark shadow is inherent for that location without additional lighting or reflectors and something I can live with in this session with natural light.

So most the shots in this series in this series require both stitching and addressing the shadows or exploiting them for dramatic effect.
I understand. But this is quite wondrous ex camera.

Best regards,

Doug
Old July 22nd, 2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Kerr View Post
Hi, Asher,

I understand. But this is quite wondrous ex camera.

Doug,

That's what Jasmine wrote! Interesting that we find faults that the public do not see. A bride's veil with blown out pattern does not matter when she's wiping away a tear of joy!

Asher

Old August 12th, 2015, 07:21 AM

Well done Asher!!
Old August 12th, 2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Klaus Schmitt View Post
Well done Asher!!

Klaus,

I appreciate your visit! It's a pleasure to work with creative people and Jasmine is exceptional!

Asher