Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Digital Camera Discussion > Lenses: DSLR and Rangefinder, MF adaptions to 35mm such Zoerk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 7th, 2009, 09:16 AM
OPF Moderator

Default Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II - test images

Hi folks,

I've been testing my new TS-E Series II lens, and I'm starting to get a grip on its specifics. I'll share a couple of images, but I've not spent any time on color or tonal adjustments. You'll basically see a straight Raw conversion, without CA correction or special sharpening (other than a uniform sharpening to recover from diffraction at f/11). There are some mazing artifacts and moiré, which basically are easy to prevent with a little attention and a good Raw converter. The fact that there is aliasing/moiré visible is a sign that there is more resolution than the sensor can resolve, despite diffraction blur !

Okay, without further delay, here is a regular non shifted image:

When you click on the image, you'll get the full size (9+MB !!) version, so it may take a while if you have a slow connection, you have been warned.

Again, the colors/tonemapping are far from what I'd like and the light was horrible and it was hot and a bit hazy (UV-index warning), so use the image to inspect for sharpness and CA when only using a bit of tilt to increase DOF (typical landscape scenario).

I'll post a few other examples later.

Bart