Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Photography as Art

Photography as Art Original boundary-testing images. Open to comments without moderation. For works intended for clients and galleries submit to GALLERY ONE.

Old March 4th, 2017, 06:07 PM

Default War of Wings

[/]

[War of Wings]

I die for speaking the language of the angels.
Joan of Arc
dear Joan
conceptual-

“Now there’s an illustration, gentlemen — a real illustration. I studied that girl, Joan of Arc, for twelve years, and it never seemed to me that the artists and the writers gave us a true picture of her. They drew a picture of a peasant. Her dress was that of a peasant. But they always missed the face — the divine soul, the pure character, the supreme woman, the wonderful girl. She was only 18 years old, but put into a breast like hers a heart like hers and I think, gentlemen, you would have a girl — like that.” Mark Twain-[/]
Old March 4th, 2017, 06:09 PM

I did something wrong in the display or else my Mac has gone to China... Please forgive.
Old March 4th, 2017, 10:22 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte thompson View Post
[/]

[War of Wings]

Joan of Arc
dear Joan
conceptual-

“Now there’s an illustration, gentlemen — a real illustration. I studied that girl, Joan of Arc, for twelve years, and it never seemed to me that the artists and the writers gave us a true picture of her. They drew a picture of a peasant. Her dress was that of a peasant. But they always missed the face — the divine soul, the pure character, the supreme woman, the wonderful girl. She was only 18 years old, but put into a breast like hers a heart like hers and I think, gentlemen, you would have a girl — like that.” Mark Twain-[/]
It's obvious, Obama has wired the Angels. Trump was correct, he's even tapping the wires of fairies! That's just me frustrated that angels seem to be in retreat!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old March 5th, 2017, 05:12 AM

Asher

LOL-
Old March 5th, 2017, 05:43 AM

War of Wings
Old March 5th, 2017, 05:44 AM

Working again- Damn that wire tapping Trump
Old March 5th, 2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
[/]

[War of Wings]

Joan of Arc
dear Joan
conceptual-

Oh don't glorify any historical person ...
Old March 5th, 2017, 08:33 AM

I am sorry Wolfgang I don't understand your reply Would you please inform me ?
Old March 5th, 2017, 09:11 AM

It is my belief in courage and strength in a female that so honors my art for Joan. I as a female encourage this strength in my gender. Strength is a great value either way you understand this girl
Charlotte-
Old March 5th, 2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I am sorry Wolfgang I don't understand your reply Would you please inform me ?
There is no use in glorifying historical person, especially when they have already been glorified in a religious and moral way like Jeanne d'Arc.
Old March 5th, 2017, 10:15 AM

Wolfgang

It is my choice to glorify. My art. My voice.
Old March 5th, 2017, 10:29 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang Plattner View Post
There is no use in glorifying historical person, especially when they have already been glorified in a religious and moral way like Jeanne d'Arc.
Well, what is the "use" of photographing a sunset or a rose?

At least a sunset is exactly that and a rose is a rose is a rose. Heros are far more complicated. They may be wonderful or even evil. But they can, at times, as in this case, serve in a major aspirational role models for young people. Joan of Arc is one such mythical figure to inspire young girls that despite being the physically weaker sex, they can achieve influence and authority if they plan, focus, train, prepare and persevere.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old March 5th, 2017, 10:38 AM

Exactly.. Asher! The glorification is in her courage and her strength that is a valuable substance for any human. To stand for that kind of courage in any endeavor is admirable.