Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Studio, Portrait, Still Life, Lighting Equipment and Technique

Studio, Portrait, Still Life, Lighting Equipment and Technique Continuous and Strobe Lighting. (The Sun is considered continuous!) Great ideas are really ten a penny! Technique in setting up the subject is, of course, essential. However, the ability to bring out form, texture, tonality and color is where the skill in lighting provides all the keys to engraving one's ideas on the delivered picture.

Old March 12th, 2017, 01:20 PM

Default Armed Emelie ...

Sometimes I find some images from old sessions that did not get done. Here is Emelie, that I first met when assisting a photographer pal.

Some images that was done is a vector style ...

This was shot in Stockholm in front of a church, with a speedlite and a transparent umbrella.

And a more fashion lie face, at least half way.

//http://www.pellepiano.com
Old March 13th, 2017, 02:18 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Ellström View Post
Sometimes I find some images from old sessions that did not get done. Here is Emelie, that I first met when assisting a photographer pal.

Per,

This has a flair to it, energy and a great composition. Well done. I like the model. Is she available for your work too?

It's too polished, as if for a fashion magazine, for what I think would go in a gallery. If it were not so finished, would you class it as "gothic"?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old March 13th, 2017, 03:04 PM

Thanks. Its been years since I had contact with Emelie and I don't know what she is doing nowadays. Yes, I polish to much at times, as I am a little obsessed with retouching skin manually =).
Here is the dodge and burn layers combined for the skin retouch of the third image.

.. and here is the skin in 100% ...

Old March 13th, 2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Thanks. Its been years since I had contact with Emelie and I don't know what she is doing nowadays. Yes, I polish to much at times, as I am a little obsessed with retouching skin manually =).
Here is the dodge and burn layers combined for the skin retouch of the third image.

With what blur/blend modes?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old March 14th, 2017, 12:43 AM

No blur used. I use Soft Light for general D&B and Overlay to enhance whites, for instance in eye reflections. Multiply to lower whites.

Old March 14th, 2017, 03:47 AM

A lot of skill, Per my good friend! Do you do retouching for others too?

Asher

Old March 14th, 2017, 04:49 AM

No retouching jobs, except last month =), for a cd cover. I am a terrible business man but that frees some time for strange projects =)

Old March 14th, 2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
No retouching jobs, except last month =), for a cd cover. I am a terrible business man but that frees some time for strange projects =)
You are talented 🐝🐝🐝

No doubt about it!

Asher