Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Sales, Exhibitions and Web Presence

Sales, Exhibitions and Web Presence Discussion of commerce models and processes by which Photography reaches clients and the public.

Old May 20th, 2009, 10:27 AM

Default Pictures at an Exhibition

I'm having an exhibition of my pictures of stringed instruments at Mission City Coffee Roasting in Santa Clara, CA. The show opens with a reception Sunday May 31 from 2PM to 5PM and runs until Saturday June 28.

The venue is ideal for my pictures because it hosts many acoustic music events each month and is well known to local musicians and instrument makers.

A couple of preview pictures

Mandolin 1620

Kora

Everything in the frame must contribute to the picture.
http://www.charlesLwebster.com
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:54 AM

Hi Chas,

This is great news, many congratulations. I hope that this will be a very successful exhibition and may many such ones follow.

flickr
website
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:04 AM

Charles, the first is breathtaking.

Congrats!
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:25 AM

Love the first one Charles, many congratulations on your exhibition, I hope it works out well for you, and many more will follow......
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:31 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Charles,

I have watched your project gain in stature and breadth because of your commitment. Having an actual date for an exhibit certainly gets you off your chair to complete the prints, something few of us do unless we are commercial photographers.

This is excitement that we all share with you. An edition in B&W might unify the different images.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old May 20th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Administrator/Moderator

Hi Charles
I wish I could attend! I have always enjoyed your "string things"
Congrats for the expo, whishing you the best!

BTW another vote for the 1st posted here, the colors are soooo subtle and delicate, I wonder why one would prefer a B&W conversion!
Old May 20th, 2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Charles,

I have watched your project gain in stature and breadth because of your commitment. Having an actual date for an exhibit certainly gets you off your chair to complete the prints, something few of us do unless we are commercial photographers.

This is excitement that we all share with you. An edition in B&W might unify the different images.

Asher
Thanks Asher

The pictures have been printed, matted, and framed, ready for hanging on the 30th.

You can read about my adventures getting ready for the show on my blog at www.charlesLwebster.com/blog

I've printed Mandolin 1620 as B&W and it loses some of the subtlety. I don't have the capability to make good B&W prints so I haven't looked at making prints of the others. Perhaps some experimentation is in order.

Everything in the frame must contribute to the picture.
http://www.charlesLwebster.com
Old May 20th, 2009, 04:09 PM

Have you tried any of the pro labs?