• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Redheads I've Met!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
_MG_0731 20-00-03-571.jpg

Asher Kelman: Untitled #1

Los Angeles 2015

Redheads I've Met

Asher

Asher Kelman

Now a lady I met in New York!

Redhead_1.jpg

Asher Kelman: Girl From a Café #1

New York

"Redheads 2015"

Canon 5D 1.8, 1/100sec, 50 1.2L

Redhead_2.jpg

Asher Kelman: Girl From a Café #2

New York

"Redheads 2015"

Canon 5D 2.2, 1/50sec, 50 1.2L

Redhead_3.jpg

Asher Kelman: Girl From a Café #2

New York

"Redheads 2015"

Canon 5D 1.8, 1/80sec, 50 1.2L

Asher

Asher Kelman

Redhead_1.jpg

Asher Kelman: Girl From a Café #1

New York

"Redheads 2015"

Canon 5D 1.8, 1/100sec, 50 1.2L

I think you did an outstanding job with the color Asher!

Thanks, James!

I am very careful in mostly using custom profiles for each lens-camera combination. I obey standard rules of color respecting the calibrations. However, in this case, the files were made with a 5D for which I have yet to create profiles, so I rely mostly on the best sampling for white balance. Only very rarely will I alter color balance by eye, but if I need to, I have a lot of mental memories stored of what the colors should be. Still, that work needs to b done on a cor profiled monitor in dim light with no obvious colors visible, except for that picture. No colored shirts and no magazines or colored coffee mugs on my disk to create a color distraction.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Firstly, congratulations on your new model. She is exquisite, and these are three nice works.

I like #1 best.

In #2 I am put off a bit by the seemingly-gratuitous lack of proper focus on her face. Rather than "soft", it makes it, to me, look just a tad "scrambled".

In #3, the pose is very clever, but the perspective does not work well as to her legs, which look as if they were put in place in post.

I understand that these shoots can be "dynamic", sometimes with unexpected results in many or all shots, and that not all viewers will have the same "tastes".

Best regards,

Doug