• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bavarian and Musician

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I rarely venture into the realm of staged portraits, here is one. Natural light, one shot, no further tries.

I do like the hard contrast on this one, other views may differ.

I like his music - traditional Bavarian music.

Best regards,

Michael,

I appreciate so much having the opportunity to meet a person this way that I already know is good company, numerous and charming. Interesting fellow is also pretty meticulous in the care of his beard and it pays off. What a superb image. I feel that I would like him a lot. Bresson showed us the chance views one can get of people as they carry on, oblivious of his camera. Here however, you bring to us a live breathing person and there is air in his nostrils, a far better way of sharing humanity.

Kudos!

You now have a duty to follow this skill of yours like a new puppy you have been given, and see where this lively chap will take you!

Asher

Michael Nagel

By the look of it, maybe you should.

Thanks! Yes, maybe. Usually I am more aiming for a good portrait without directing and artificial light, e.g. during a conversation. Hope I can show some for comparison soon.
A friend called these 'Menschenbilder'.

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Michael,

Let me add the following

This interactive portrait demonstrates your ability to relate to other people. The aptitude so well demonstrated here, hopefully will encourage you to further risk continuing on this directorial track, (while also allowing times for the person "to be themselves", as you observe and just wait. These two approaches can inform one another

I like this work and hope we will see more!

Asher