• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Little girl with balloons

On the woody roof of the Great Library (aka Library François Mitterrand), a little girl playing with a temporary artistic performance made of balloons :

f2e2f2d42848a85510fb7c5d3f6e0e6.jpg

"Little girl with balloons" - Cédric Massoulier

Nikon D700 & AF-D 1.8/50
Capture One & CS3

EDIT : i have replaced first version which had a framing default...

Last edited:

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Cedric,

This is one of your best pictures so far; excellent work. I was immediately taken by it's simple beauty.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
On the woody roof of the Great Library (aka Library François Mitterrand), a little girl playing with a temporary artistic performance made of balloons :

f2e2f2d42848a85510fb7c5d3f6e0e6.jpg

"Little girl with balloons" - Cédric Massoulier

Nikon D700 & AF-D 1.8/50
Capture One & CS3

EDIT : i have replaced first version which had a framing default...

Cedric,

Outstanding! This is the "Picture of the Week". Congratulations!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cedric,

Now that the initial excitement is behind us, could you tell us if you have this in RAw too and whether or not you might be considering working on the shading of the balloons which seem rather flat. Not that it must be changed, it works well right now. However, there may be room for improvement before printing.

Asher

Nicolas Genette

pro member
Amazing shot indeed. I like the fact that the girl doesn't seems playing but rather serious.
About the balloons, I like this flat look, making them quite unreal, this give a dreamlike sensation which work great with a child.

my 2cent
Nic

Cedric,

Now that the initial excitement is behind us, could you tell us if you have this in RAw too and whether or not you might be considering working on the shading of the balloons which seem rather flat. Not that it must be changed, it works well right now. However, there may be room for improvement before printing.

Asher

Hi,

Yes, i have it in Raw as i always shoot raw files for "serious" pictures ;)
As Nicolas noticed, i like this "flat" rendering because it seems quite unreal.

Regards,

Cedric.