• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

lighting

1. Asher Kelman

Digital Processing Issues and Fixes: An amazing Photography Bundle supporting Children’s Charities

Just for a few days, here’s access to a fabulous bargain of many brilliant useful training videos from Landscapes to Portrait poses and lighting to great filters for a great unique finish to your photos. This is organized by Matt Granger, the portrait and figure photographer and...
  2. S

FS: Profoto AcuteB2 600W Air S/R with Pocket Wizard Kit Head LIon battery

Complete Profoto AcuteB2 600 AirS/R Power Pack w/Pocket Wizard Acute B head Reflector lithium Ion Battery Charger. 15' Profoto sync cable Small and light and very powerful unit Uses Profoto Air remotes and Pocket Wizard system-BOTH Batteries last all day. Exc, lightly used condition. Asking...
  3. Will Thompson

On a fun note Lighting for “BEAUTIFUL” people

How and why for best results? Please post examples.
  4. Will Thompson

Question: A thread titled “ Lighting for ugly people”

I believe it was a good post but a moron moderator on a different forum locked the thread after 4 good replys. I think this is a great subject for discussion. Comments please, The starting post below: For those with a lot of studio experience with “challenging” clients, what techniques do you...
  5. Will Thompson

Gangster’s angry girlfriend

6. Will Thompson

The Flasher!

You guess the lighting!
  7. Will Thompson

Helpful Hints/D.I.Y.: World’s smallest light stand, part of a studio in a backpack!

8. F

Outdoors Man

Hey all! here's a picture I took last summer while on a mountain biking trip with friends. There's more details about what went in to making the picture at the following link. http://freddyoropeza.com/blog/?p=503 Thanks for taking a look.
  9. B

BOLING Studio and Portable Flashes

Does anyone have ever used (or heard about) BOLING brand of lighting equipment? Considering it's low-budget... Is it reliable? Any information about the performance of Boling flashes (AC powered or battery) are very welcome.
  10. A

Need A.R.S. on this portrait

Hello Friends, Can I have a couple of members chime in on this portrait. Like everyone here, I hope, I desire to improve my craft so please try to go beyond "Nice" or "Good. How is the lighting, posing, distance and height of subject? Clothing in relationship to background? Ratio of lighting...
  11. K

Nikon D40 user... NEW here!!

Hi all! Im Kristen! Im a soon to be stay at home mom with a burning desire to become a photographer and start my own business instead of just doing it as a hobby. Ive had my Nikon D40 for a year and a half now and have only touched the tip of the iceberg with all that an SLR offers. I only have...
  12. S

April Workshop in NY/NJ - Eastwood & Pasha's Big Double Event

April 17th and 18th, Mr. Stephen Eastwood ( www.StephenEastwood.com ) and Pasha ( http://www.modelmayhem.com/683399 ) are putting on our "Big Double Event". each day will begin with a two hour lighting session by Stephen, immediately followed by the third installment of Pasha's Shootout...
  13. F

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Mood and Drama

Hi All Here's one of my latest and a brief explanation of the set up here http://freddyoropeza.com/blog/?p=295
  14. F

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Hand Balancing Act

Hi all, just found this forum and the quality of images, photographers, and information is outstanding. Although I'm not a professional shooter, I like to share my shoots, and information about them. here's my latest. And if you'd like to take a peek at the info of the process, you can...
  15. J

News: Educational Photo Competition - Submissions Invited!

2009 Regional Photo Competition This competition is hosted by Sinar Bron Imaging, and is open to students enrolled in full time photo programs at accredited institutions. Deadlines are coming up for southeastern and western US regions. Apply now! competition details and entry links...