• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

wildlife

1. Bryanpereira

Focused Lion

This young male came right to me. I ended up having to switch from my 200-400 to a shorter zoom lens as he was moving closer D850 28-300mm 1/1000 f5.6 300mm iso 400
  2. ashishroe

Her Name Is Machli

Got an opportunity to capture the most loved Tiger named Machli. What rating would you like to give it? Thanks
  3. Martin Ludwig

My wildlife encounters over the years

Hey there, since I don't want to spam this Forum with hundreds of new threads, I'd like to show some of my encounters in one threat that goes on and on. I hope it's ok if I do so and I'm always looking to get honest reviews. 😅 I'd like to start with some shots I took up in New Hampshire...
  4. Martin Ludwig

Hello from Bavaria

Hey there, I'm Martin, I'm from Bavaria and I do mostly Wildlife photography since ~2010. English obviously isn't my first language but I hope, you're able to understand my posts and take it easy on grammar and spelling errors 😅 I've started with a Canon EOS 1000D, had a EOS 550D until last...
  5. Robert Watcher

Muskrat Love

I havent seen a muskrat since I was a kid swimming in the local river. So it was a surprise to find this wet and dark little fellow gnawing on the fresh green leaves beside a little pond we drove by after I picked up Anne from her mothers house. Olympus E-M1 mkII w/75-300mm @300mm (600mm equiv)
  6. Tim Rucci

Coyote....

Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, New Mexico, 2018 If not for a large aperture lens, this guy could easily blend into the background. His colors are so similar to the fall foliage.
  7. Tim Rucci

Ospreys in flight

I captured these images a few years ago at Blue Cypress Lake in Florida... (The first three are in flight; the fourth one had a different idea)
  8. Tim Rucci

Red Shoulder Hawk

9. James Lemon

Portrait In Natural Light

10. James Lemon

The Buck Stops Here

11. T

Favorite Zoo & Wildlife Park photos

A few of my favorite zoo and wildlife park photos. I hope you'll enjoy them. Hand-held, no cropping. Canon SX40 & SX50 cameras. Harris's Hawk Western Lowland Gorilla American Flamingo Meerkat Himalayan Monal
  12. Robert Watcher

Wildlife outside our door

Covid 19 Quarantine in Rural Ontario - sitting outside our small trailer tonight at dusk. Rabbits are shot at 3200 ISO. Focal length for all images was 600mm.
  13. James Lemon

Serious Bird

14. James Lemon

Female Blackbird

15. Tom dinning

Wildlife photo awards

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-13/wildlife-photographer-of-the-year-2019/11960000
  16. J

Getting into Wildlife Photography

Hi all, I hope this isn't too much of a tiresome question (I did a search and couldn't find a post that properly answered my question). I've been looking at getting into wildlife photography, with an emphasis on bird photography and plan on taking it seriously. As an undergraduate zoologist who...
  17. Murray Foote

Australia Burning

This is the new Parliament House in Canberra last Sunday morning, on a day when Canberra was measured to have the worst air quality of any city in the world due to smoke from the massive fires to our east on the south coast of New South Wales and also fires about fifty kilometres to our west...
  18. D

ducks!

I've recently added a 600mm f/4 lens to my toybox toolbox. It's a beast and it attracts too much attention, but having said this I'll let the photos speak for themselves.
  19. Gordon Baird

Jay

Jay was photographed at Morton Lochs. IG9A1812 by Gordon Baird, on Flickr
  20. Gordon Baird

Red Squirrel

Captured this with my Canon 600 f4 lens. IG9A1765 by Gordon Baird, on Flickr