• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

black and white

1. Robert Watcher

Ontario Street Snaps

Ontario Street Snaps
  2. Robert Watcher

Remnants of Winter

It was a pretty day for walking, but not much to photograph along the river path - except dry gray sticks and empty seed pods like this milkweed plant.
  3. Robert Watcher

The sun sets early now

So nice not having to stay up so late to shoot early evening pics. The sun set at 7:15 tonight - moving into the winter short daylight season. A bit of variety from one location.
  4. Robert Watcher

Perfect Black & White

every once in a while I come across something that just blows my mind. This concept related to Colours converted to Black and White, was very surprising. Something I had no idea about. Very valuable are the colour value percentages included in the video, that get you to the starting point of...
  5. Robert Watcher

Stark, Rainy Evening scene

Anne & I had to take a drive to pick up our tax returns this evening, and stopped on the side of a side road to get a few shots of the trees in the barren little pond. Olympus E-M1 mkii w/ 11-22 f2.8
  6. Will Thompson

Designer Fashion with Black and White Film!

EOS 1V Ilford XP2
  7. Robert Watcher

LAST DAY OF FREEDOM

LAST DAY OF FREEDOM A few short weeks ago, Anne and I were having fun in the interior mountains of El Salvador. As we headed home down the mountain road, I grabbed this shot through the front windshield while sitting in the back of the car. The 3 hours drive included a beautiful sunset. When...
  8. Robert Watcher

Moisture and Mesh

Confined to my small space in a travel trailer, in an empty field - the sun created scatter highlights on the pebbled glass of the small curtain covered windows, being further dispersed by the black mesh screening on the inside. There are only 3 windows and here is a pic from each of them...
  9. Robert Watcher

Long Lens Social Distancing

Long Lens Social Distancing. Contrasty Black and White textures and shadows
  10. Robert Watcher

SAFETY FIRST - Covid-19 Restricted

For the first time in three weeks since returning to Canada, Anne and I headed out so Anne could purchase her own groceries this time. I sat in the car while she went in with scarf over her face (to protect others if she coughed), sanitary gloves, and her own shopping bags. Strong warnings were...
  11. Robert Watcher

Black and White Wall Features - Covid-19 distancing with long lens

Black and White Wall Features - Covid-19 distancing with long lens
  12. Robert Watcher

Filling Doorways

Wandering around the streets in Mexico yesterday. Olympus EM10 w/45mm f1.8. Wireless transfer to iPad. Processed in Snapseed.
  13. Robert Watcher

Street - Black and White

Antigua, Guatemala - Olympus E-M10 w/14-42mm
  14. Robert Watcher

Black & White in the Central Market

Every once in a while, I enjoy pulling out my little (old) Olympus E-PL3, throwing on a lens and heading out to shoot more inconspicuously while looking down onto the LCD screen (there is no viewfinder). Anne & I just got off the bus at our home in San Miguel, El Salvador and I transferred a...
  15. Robert Watcher

Mexican Street Photography - B&W

Although I took a few photos in colour —- my goal for street photography, was to capture only images in Black & White over the next few days that we are visiting Mexico. To accomplish that, I set my camera to Monochrome (B&W) mode with Orange Filter enabled. As usual, my modus operandi is...
  16. Robert Watcher

Layers

LAYERS
  17. Robert Watcher

A Bus and a Street - Black and White

A bus and a street
  18. Robert Watcher

Shooting the Streets around San Salvador - Black and White only

My camera was active this past weekend, in a San Salvador. Olympus E-M10 w/14-42 & 40-150 lenses. Street #1 Street #2 Street #3 Street #4 Street #5 Street #6
  19. M

Happy To Be Here

Helloooo, Very happy to have found this forum as this seems to be somewhere where there are people with the same interests as me. I am very into capturing the 'is-ness' of things - such a lovely phrase - explains everything! Often my photographs have no other meaning other than the is-ness of...
  20. J

Travelog: Capital Reef in B&W

I could hardly wait to retire so I could resist the desert SW in the fall. After two month long trips I've been surprised at how many of my shots lend themselves to black & white conversions (using Silver Efex Pro). The gorgeous contrasting colors of rock, fall leaves, and intense blue sky are...