• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

nature

1. Ignacio “Oscar” Molina

Portugal beach

Location: Portugal south Praia da Marinha (translation: navy beach) is an iconic beach near Lagoa. It is known as one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. When you arrive, make sure you check out the breathtaking view over the beach. The beach is surrounded by steep cliffs, which gives...
  2. Ignacio “Oscar” Molina

The nature of the ocean.

This picture was taken on Tenerife, Canary Islands, where the ocean never sleeps and always gives you moments to remember.
  3. W

Calligraphy

... as seen at the lake ... Calligraphy by Wolfgang Plattner, on Flickr
  4. Jarmo Juntunen

Pitkäkoski, Finland

Hi guys! I hope everyone's fine despite the horrible year of '20! I myself have been absent from this forum and many others due to a work assignment that took me abroad for a while. So, without further ado, here's one from yesterday. I should be colder up here this time of the year, but at least...
  5. Jerome Marot

Self-sustained melting of permafrost

From this article: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-75481-z An earth system model shows self-sustained melting of permafrost even if all man-made GHG emissions stop in 2020. The risk of points-of-no-return, which, once surpassed lock the world into new dynamics, have been discussed...
  6. Ignacio “Oscar” Molina

A morning Sun in Europe.

We don't really appreciate the small but incredible experiences that nature just gives away. This was my Monday morning sun.
  7. S

A little bit of texture

natures layer cake
  8. Lars Olson

Hello There, I'm Lars!

I'm a computer science major at CSU Chico and love to do photography on the side! I took one class on photography in high school and fell in love. The class only covered basics so I'm still learning and exploring the craft on my own time. I would love feedback on anything I post :) You can view...
  9. Robert Watcher

Pelican Takeoff

Funday Munday in paradise - Bay of Fonseca, La Union, El Salvador
  10. S

Butterfly Wings

Butterfly Wings is from my Flora collection and was composed at the Aiken County Historical Museum in Aiken, SC. I saw a familiar pattern in my mind's eye upon seeing these wandering Jew petals. The Artist's Story blog post for this piece can be read here...
  11. S

Reincarnated

Reincarnated is from my The Beauty Within collection and was composed at Hopeland Gardens in Aiken, SC. Sometimes we have to give nature a little help. I found some gladiolus flat on the ground. They were WAY too pretty for such a sad ending, so I picked them up and supported them with a...
  12. S

Brewing Storm

Brewing Storm is from my Naturally Abstract collection and was composed at the Aiken County Historical Museum in Aiken, SC. This is also part of my sub-collection that I call Stump Art as each piece is found on the surface of a stump. The gorgeous colors were helped by golden light washing...
  13. W

Miss Daisy

portrait.naturally.especially Miss Daisy by Wolfgang Plattner, on Flickr
  14. Antonio Correia

Forest

six images
  15. D

Costa Rica Photography Workshop: April 27 - May 7, 2012

I have just completed arrangements for my 2012 Photography adventure to Costa Rica, which will take place April 27 - May 7, 2012. We will be traveling to both the Caribbean and Pacific coasts, as well as some excellent locations inbetween. I have included some of the most productive spots from...
  16. H

Youth Speaks Out

It seems to me youth (or young growth) is shouting out in this picture. Comments?