• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept A Photos of your garden in winter!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It’s winter but how have the green spaces managed! Here in Southern California, winter is taken with a shrug. Snot only at the highest elevations. Yes it cold 61-69 degrees F, but we finf our jackets and scarves and brave it!

Shere your garden pictures!

2DA257E9-9416-4622-9314-984CD3C2DF07.jpeg

Looking forward to your contributions!

Enjoy the New Year!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Oh my goodness me!

Jérôme, this is such a contrast! My first thought was what a shock folk would have if that was the scene here! I doubt we have the snow ploughs to handle it in our neighborhood!

But for sure it brings a lot of Joy at Christmas time with children playing outside and throwing snowballs!

I remember being in Boston. One year we had 4 ft of snow blocking our street in Brookline! Some had their cars frozen there for months!

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Asher Kelman

It is a bit cooler here and we have had so much snow in December that some trees collapsed.

09450EB7-D628-421B-A542-4828EA1EEF4E.jpeg

This is a static, yet dynamic picture, Jérôme! It shows the quiet power of nature on its creations!

Interesting that there’s a hint of blue in the snow too.

I hope it’s not your own garden!

That’s going to be a big expense removing broken trees!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I just saw this online:

8AE1438B-EB59-43B5-8C10-2F6E51BAD842.jpeg

A frost-covered tree at Muir of Ord in the Highlands, which had temperatures as low as minus 11C. Further snow is expected all across the UK early next week
Peter Jolly/Northpix (The Times U.K.)

Sheep against a snow laden landscape! The bees have enough honey stored but these sheep have to find grass beneath thr freezing snow!

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

88A175CE-D5C9-4F3E-9272-95D1B1444C3D.jpeg

Flossie the Giant Schnauzer having fun
in the snow in North Yorkshire
(BBC News)
I loved the picture so much, I have taken the Liberty to share the great work of the BBC