• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Another midnight excursion

Paul Iddon

It was 5°c outside but it felt closer to zero as the after-midnight air was whipped up by a more than modest wind... Meant only a short hunt in the darkness, and 3 subjects found.

First a midge (or garden gnat) sheltering underneath the fence lateral bar keeping out of the wind as best it could... Then on a nearby concrete post between two fence panels I found another overwintering ladybird... And finally one of my resident Steatoda bipuncta (rabbit-hutch) spiders which don't seem to mind the temperatures at all...

midge_b1_4k_1800-XL.jpg

ladybird_post_b1_4k_1800-XL.jpg

ladybird_post_b2_4k_1800-XL.jpg

bipuncta_b3_4k_1800-XL.jpg

bipuncta_b2_4k_1800-XL.jpg

bipuncta_b1_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.