• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Warning: and are NSFW. Threads may start of as text only but then pictures could be added as part of a discussion or to make some point. This is not for family viewing without a parent's consent and supervision. If you are under age 18, please do not use this section
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Burn in . . .

Doug Kerr

Maybe you thought I was going to say, "burn in Hell"! No, I was referring to a photographic image manipulation technique.

It has been pointed out that in the first major television advertisement on behalf of W. Mitt Romney, aspirant to the Republican nomination for the election of President of the United States for the 2013 term, when there are scenes of Barack Obama addressing crowds, examination of the footage as originally broadcast shows audiences with a somewhat diverse racial makeup, but as they appear in the ad the backgrounds have been "burned in", or perhaps even something more sophisticated, so that the first impression the viewer gets is that Obama's audience was in each case essentially all black.

So to those who constructed those scenes: Burn in Hell, and your image editors with you.

Best regards,

Doug

Mark Hampton

Maybe you thought I was going to say, "burn in Hell"! No, I was referring to a photographic image manipulation technique.

It has been pointed out that in the first major television advertisement on behalf of W. Mitt Romney, aspirant to the Republican nomination for the election of President of the United States for the 2013 term, when there are scenes of Barack Obama addressing crowds, examination of the footage as originally broadcast shows audiences with a somewhat diverse racial makeup, but as they appear in the ad the backgrounds have been "burned in", or perhaps even something more sophisticated, so that the first impression the viewer gets is that Obama's audience was in each case essentially all black.

So to those who constructed those scenes: Burn in Hell, and your image editors with you.

Best regards,

Doug

bar stewards doug thats all they are.

Don Ferguson Jr.

Best regards,

Doug

Maybe that is the fully 96 percent of black voters who supported Obama that he could not have done without to win the Presidency :D
Don

Doug Kerr

Hi, Don,

Maybe that is the fully 96 percent of black voters who supported Obama that he could not have done without to win the Presidency
Don
No, those would have more than filled the room.

I believe that about 12.3% of eligible black voters are thought to have voted for Obama.

Best regards,

Doug

Don Ferguson Jr.

Hi, Don,

No, those would have more than filled the room.

I believe that about 12.3% of eligible black voters are thought to have voted for Obama.

Best regards,

Doug
Yep , and I wonder if he can get that youth vote again because this time they might keep drinking and worry more about getting laid :D
Fully 96 percent of black voters supported Obama and constituted 13 percent of the electorate, a 2-percentage-point rise in their national turnout. As in past years, black women turned out at a higher rate than black men.

A stunning 54 percent of young white voters supported Obama, compared with 44 percent who went for McCain, the senator from Arizona. In the past three decades, no Democratic presidential nominee has won more than 45 percent of young whites.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15297.html

Don Ferguson Jr.

Democratic strategist Tad Devine, an adviser to the Al Gore and John Kerry presidential campaigns, accused Mitt Romney’s campaign of invoking the controversial Rev. Jeremiah Wright in a recent ad.

Devine said Wednesday that he was “shocked” to see what he believed was imagery of an African-American church in an ad released Tuesday by Romney’s campaign team and airing in New Hampshire. The ad, Romney’s first of the campaign, is “clearly an attempt to bring back Rev. Wright and race,” Devine tweeted.

It appears to be a congregation of African-American people,” Devine told The Hill. “In the first scene there are no white people at all, in the second ... it is all African Americans except possibly one person, [whose race] you can’t really tell.”

Devine said he believes these images were selected intentionally to invoke race and the controversy involving Wright, the president’s former pastor.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/195281-dem-strategist-romney-invoking-rev-wright-in-new-ad

If Hillary had hit Obama hard with Rev. Wright he would not have won Iowa. No way those Christians would have voted for Obama and she won NH .Blacks in SC would have deserted Obama in droves since he lost two in a row . Hillary would be President now but she was weak and Bill who said Obama could bring him coffee would have damn well smacked Obama down with "God damn America." :D
Of course that was then now Rev Wright is in the past and I doubt he hurts Obama with most in the electorate.

... when there are scenes of Barack Obama addressing crowds, examination of the footage as originally broadcast shows audiences with a somewhat diverse racial makeup, but as they appear in the ad the backgrounds have been "burned in", or perhaps even something more sophisticated, so that the first impression the viewer gets is that Obama's audience was in each case essentially all black.

Hi Doug,

It would be interesting to compare some 'before' and 'after' images of the same scene. It would be quite interesting/damaging if this deliberate misinformation could be uncovered on the internet, this early in the year of spin we're about to witness.

Cheers,
Bart

Don Ferguson Jr.

Hi Doug,

It would be interesting to compare some 'before' and 'after' images of the same scene. It would be quite interesting/damaging if this deliberate misinformation could be uncovered on the internet, this early in the year of spin we're about to witness.

Cheers,
Bart

Obama attended a mostly all black church led by a radical anti-white preacher so it ain't much spin :D