• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge: landscape images that dissapoint us: "Otaga Penninsula": edit, don't crop!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am also aware of the lacking of my English, and above all, the subtleties around the culture of communication.

For example here in GB, people hug a lot, which is, to me, a bit disturbing, but they don't talk that much to each others about no-nonsense stuffs, which they would find really intrusive and very rude. And that is the way we use to talk in France. (in the south of France, one of your friends can tell you're an idiot without anybody take any offence, if, at that time, it's really true you're an idiot...)

There's always misunderstanding between brits and I. Not because of the words (can be partly) but because I don't grasp the un-said things. It can be even worse with US people, I don't know.

And as for hugging, there was a lot of them yesterday, and a lot of tears because the English team is out of the competition in the Football (soccer) world cup in South Africa, and THAT is a national disaster. ;-).

I say that for the others because, you, you know ;-)....
Yes, Sandrine,

There are many misunderstandings! But forgive us and come back!

Besides we have no other French girl and for sure nonother Sandrine!
Asher