• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

City Shapes

James Lemon

i-LCQkbZQ-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

The curved approaching lamppost shadow seems to welcome two passing tourists. Yes that’s bare and different but what else can we say?

This at first looks like a photograph of a print by an artist at “Invitation-Only” printer, Gemini G.E.L. who enjoys swathes of smooth brick colors! The curved approaching lamppost shadow seems to welcome two passing tourists.

Yes, this is a stark and novel image and one that seems to be the result of an engineered graphic that will lead the opening of a print artists exhibition in Beverly Hills, California and where I can no doubt find additional models to inspire my own photography!

So with this first picture I waited a while before comment as I hoped for siblings for this wonderkind!

I believe that, painting with limited strokes and flooding large zones with pleasing color is a shocking way of working and open to creative paths I look forward to seeing develop.

I also especially value new work that I wouldn’t have done myself as breaking boundaries helps us all!

Asher

James Lemon

The curved approaching lamppost shadow seems to welcome two passing tourists. Yes that’s bare and different but what else can we say?

This at first looks like a photograph of a print by an artist at “Invitation-Only” printer, Gemini G.E.L. who enjoys swathes of smooth brick colors! The curved approaching lamppost shadow seems to welcome two passing tourists.

Yes, this is a stark and novel image and one that seems to be the result of an engineered graphic that will lead the opening of a print artists exhibition in Beverly Hills, California and where I can no doubt find additional models to inspire my own photography!

So with this first picture I waited a while before comment as I hoped for siblings for this wonderkind!

I believe that, painting with limited strokes and flooding large zones with pleasing color is a shocking way of working and open to creative paths I look forward to seeing develop.

I also especially value new work that I wouldn’t have done myself as breaking boundaries helps us all!

Asher

Hello Asher

Thank you for your interest... much appreciated!! Here are a couple of similar images that I made a numbers of years ago.

i-VB8dzBD-L.jpg

i-mL9vCwB-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

Thanks, James,

I feel it’s important to keep your motif as threadbare, minimalistic and simple as is possible, irrespective of your happenstance lens or from where you shot. It’s essential then to define the limits of the area of the shot within the frame you actually captured and came home with, leaving only where the “gold” is.

Admitting that, you would have to be open to sacrificing some of each frame that’s not absolutely essential to express, once more, the harsh motif of your iconic first picture. Otherwise that shocking sense of minimalism cannot be a recognizable “trademark” feature of this series.

With that, I will get to work!

Then it will be obvious to you as to whether or not my concept of your master motif in the first picture is atuned to your own.

I appreciate the privilege of exploring the margins of, (and to unravel perhaps), your original intent. I only take this risk as you give permission and we have spent time together, as doing so can so easily create enemies! With almost everyone use I would not venture to even ask, as I did!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Here goes!

in each case of the first two, there is just sufficient and then enough the viewer has to imagine that is not there!

i-VB8dzBD-L.jpg

i-VB8dzBD-L Blonde with purse.jpg

In this last photograph, the very forceful eye trap on the left has been removed, allowing the subject, alone, to get our undivided attention as we want "simple" to the nth! the extra white painted mark in the road, (a good subject in itself), does not serve the motif that joins the individual images to a collection.

i-mL9vCwB-L.jpg

I do hope that my attempts at probing your original intent and prodding you to do more along these lines is productive to extending your own vision. I am, of course, limited to my brain and to attempting to perceive correctly, what you have shared.

Asher

James Lemon

I do hope that my attempts at probing your original intent and prodding you to do more along these lines is productive to extending your own vision. I am, of course, limited to my brain and to attempting to perceive correctly, what you have shared.

Asher[/QUOTE]

Asher

Thank you for interest in my photo and taking the time to convey your ideas!

Yes it's important to keep opening yourself up to new ideas and different ways off doing things. The more we embrace the greater our potential!

Best, regards
James