• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Colombia Endemic

Peter Dexter

Multicolored Tanager

53307122259_0e7ab474a6_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is such a pretty bird. It’s always hard to remember that this is still a creature with hundreds of thousands of years of fighting for survival in its finally chosen ecosystem.

How on earth does this particular pretty colored feather wet favor it’s survival and flourishing in Colombia?

I would be fascinated to get hints!

To me it’s endlessly amazing.

What’s even more staggering, is to think that it shares so much of its chromosomes with us and other life on this planet

…. and all its water came from hydrogen brought to planet earth, on asteroids crashing into us

….from a dying star that exploded, 4.5 billion years ago!

…..then you, Peter, it’s long distant cousin, also made from star dust, brought its image to us to enjoy!

Thanks!

Asher