• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Warning: and are NSFW. Threads may start of as text only but then pictures could be added as part of a discussion or to make some point. This is not for family viewing without a parent's consent and supervision. If you are under age 18, please do not use this section
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Colorado, Minnesota, and Missouri primary event results

Doug Kerr

As you certainly know from the news reports, "Rick" Santorum received a substantial plurality of the votes in the three Tuesday (2012.02.07) Republican primary events, in the states of Colorado, Minnesota, and Missouri - an actual majority (55.2%) in the Missouri primary (but see below regarding the "prize" there).

Although "Mitt" Romney had the second largest fraction of the votes in Missouri (25.3%), he did not have a plurality in any county there. In Minnesota, he had the third highest fraction of the votes (16.9% - lower than "Ron" Paul, with 27.2%).

"Newt" Gingrich had 10.7% of the votes in Minnesota and 12.8% in Colorado (he was not on the ballot in Missouri).

Each of those events has a different "impact" on the eventual matter of delegates to the Republican National Convention and their "instructions" (see my three separate discussions of their respective modalities). In the case of the Missouri primary election, it has no official effect whatsoever - it merely serves to indicate the leanings of those who chose to participate.

I will leave it to others (or perhaps even myself, in a separate note) to draw inferences from this result.

Best regards,

Doug