• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

desert portrait

Graham Mitchell

With 80mm lens, f2.8, hand held at 1/15.

L_000569.jpg

Graham Mitchell: Desert Portrait

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Excellent work, Graham. I like the diagonal composition of the sand dunes in the b.g. and the anchoring of his left elbow perfectly in the sand. This is a most unusual portrait and I hope we'll see more.

What about the blacks? Is there more detail in his hair and the collar of his shirt and his eyes. Also would it help to lighten around his eyes as they are shaded?

Asher

Graham Mitchell

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll leave it as is at the moment. On my monitor, there is plenty of detail in the black. I'll re-calibrate soon just as a precaution but I expect my monitor's still doing a decent job.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll leave it as is at the moment. On my monitor, there is plenty of detail in the black. I'll re-calibrate soon just as a precaution but I expect my monitor's still doing a decent job.

Likely as not, your monitor is fine and the iMac screen is not good enough for the image. I'll look it at on an Eizo, but what counts, of course, is how it's prepared for printing.

Asher

Otto Haring

there must be a problem with my pc because I can't see the image. I went to your website and saw some of them finally! Great photos!