• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dicyrtomina saundersi

Paul Iddon

If anyone else were to have gone outdoors today in England you'd know how windy and cold it is. I went into the garden to put the food scraps into the recycle bin in a shirt and cardigan when I spotted this springtail. Took some pics, but it was too cold and windy to hold the camera steadily, so not not quite where I would like the focus to be, but they'll do for now...

sau05_4k_1800-XL.jpg

sau04_4k_1800-XL.jpg

sau03_4k_1800-XL.jpg

sau01_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Jim Olson

Very nice. And I saw this little guy on the pinecone that I grabbed from the backyard and put on the kitchen island, but did take more shots because I wanted to remove him from the house . I didn't know he was there until I looked at the shot a few sec later & thought "okay he out of here" 😂
274104026_10221924572407786_2434838616311641831_n.jpg

Paul Iddon

Certainly a springy - and likely the same as mine.

Fortunately they do no harm indoors so if it escaped your furniture and stuff would be safe.

Paul.