• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Diversion

Steven Sinski

UAL flight doing a FAR 117 diversion into Bangor, Me due to airspace closure during conflict between India and Pakistan.
BGR is the first stop and last stop in the US east side
IMG_0027%5B28911%5D-XL.jpg

Steven Sinski

Thank goodness everyone was safe and there was fuel for the diversion.

Asher

it is a different kind of "diversion". FAR 117 limits the flight crews (both pilots and flight attendants) time (ake: duty time) in the air on ultra long flights. so there was a replacement crew waiting for this aircraft. I was there for any Mx issues that might have been written up and must be resolved before take off. I light top off of fuel and it was back in the air. total ground time about 1.5 hours. there's always addition fuel for a diversion. there are diversion points built into a flight plans just in case.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
No wonder you are so obsessional, LOL! You have more lives in your hands the a surgeon! Thanks for your service!

Asher