• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Planet: Don't be an ugly tourist..

fahim mohammed

It is time for me to bade farewell to beautiful Bali. Its people and its culture.

Yesterday, I came across some Ugly tourists. They were parked on the wrong side of the road.

To do photography!!

I went down and told them to get on the right lane. Argument ensued. I told them to end it

and respect the laws. Even if they were from a rich country.

I was prepared to go all the way, this time around. I cannot tolerate looking down on a people or its laws or culture.

An accident would have been caused as you can see from the lady's screaming and hand on the mouth.

A***holes. Told them not to stop till they were back in their country and got some education .

p447220973-4.jpg

So, please respect the people, culture and laws of the country you visit. Remember it is a privilege
granted you. And dont run into me when you show disrespect to the local laws. It would be a bad day for you.

Mohammed ( I assume this is your first name, would that be correct?)

I was traveling a lot when I was younger, one thing I always noticed, regardless where I went, Asia, USA, Africa or Europe. This particular species of ugly tourists is everywhere. They fly in and play a game without thinking for a second how deeply disrespectful and stupid they really behave.

They have no interest in culture and are dysfunctional in their behavior and education when it comes to meeting different cultures. They are the ones who come out of the water waving a piece of coral as a victory trophy. Touching everything they can get their hands on, often leaving a trail of destruction and waste behind them.

Even here from this remote area of Ireland I can tell stories about such behavior, and I can guarantee that this year they will repeat themselves. Would you believe that people come here to a pristine beach, park their car for a few days and camp out, then leave all their trash behind laying around? Broken glass, food rests, empty cans I mean really trash. It is the same every year.

They are the same type that 'goes for a walk' in the somewhat remote postglacial glens on high Heels and every year we need a Helicopter to fly them out after they broke their bones.

I found that these ugly tourists are often the oppressed types at home, and once they are out and about they behave as if they own the flippin place.

I can understand your reaction, very much so, it is this particular combination of arrogance, stupidity and ignorance that was always a great challenge for me to keep my calm. ;)