• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dusk Skies in Los Angeles

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It was late!

I visited my son, but could hardly leave the street. as I was mesmerized by the sky!

E328327B-093E-4D31-9A68-B098F2696648.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Dusk, Visiting My Son”

Asher Kelman

B0FFC5CC-1B11-496D-9F30-93F27FE6FB0A.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Dusk, Visiting My Son #2”

D32EEBAF-8B72-4F5A-B6DB-B98E946A17C1.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Dusk, Visiting My Son #3”

6C011AAF-907C-4CDB-B88A-3874C0A5D6E4.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Dusk, Visiting My Son”

Asher Kelman

Hi, Asher,

All beauitiful!

Best regards,

Doug
Thanks Doug for vision. We had rain today, enough to find homes in our leaky roof and clean the air.

So the sky was especially bright and clear tonight!

F09E2940-89F5-4246-B556-0015598EEA81.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Moon over my next door neighbor”
and student of mine in medical school over 40 years ago!

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Beautiful!

The power service drop in the foreground (and its hooded entrance stack on the left) adds an amazing element. The stack is like a mysterious vulture-like creature overseeing the rest of the scene.

The combination of noise and (I think maybe) compression artifacts, especially on the various utility drops, produces a mysterious effect that seems just right for this image.

Bravo.

Amazing about the neighbor!

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Tonight, once again the local sky has been throughly washed by rain and we can see the colors in the neighboring but distant areas where dust is still hanging in the air.

This gives us a Kodachrome sky and when we add the silhouettes of our garden trees, it’s simply an awesome from our garden windows looking north!

C5F847C4-F7AE-48AE-87D5-701FC1F69E74.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “North Towards Carmelita Avenue”

Asher Kelman

Today we had no rain today so some big city pollution gathered in the skies, so immediately after the sun dipped into the horizon we had a glow.

DD8998A3-03EB-46AD-944E-7F3A3A27BDE2.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Winter Oaks and Palms”
Out of Camera

I allowed the free Google software, Snapseed, to emphasize the hues of the sky.

This creates as Kodachrome intense background to the City’s winter-naked California Oak trees of the street, (beyond my garden, seeming to line up with the 8 meter high palms, which the landscaper, (some 2 decades back), had assured me would grow to 1.5 meters, maximum!

BA1C8CB2-B4EC-4B1C-8DA9-5A074F78DAA4.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Winter Oaks and Palms”
Enhanced in Snapseed

Asher Kelman

Tomorrow we’re not expecting rain yet we have dark foreboding clouds lingering from the stormy weekend!

0CDB9316-BFE3-4267-979F-1010EED08172.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Clear Sky with Struggling Storm Clouds”

We are so fortunate to get views one only olds for on vacation or travel to fabulous places!

We get such views, nightly. I think the silhouette EF out palms and beyond tgst the city street trees against the sky does that so well!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Here it’s still normal. Power and informational cable are still overhead in Beverly Hills!

OTOH, snow, hail, sleet, tornadoes and hurricanes are outlawed!

Asher