• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Help requested: I cannot get the Godox/Flashpoint firmware G2/F2 updater to work with my XPro-N/S units

mickjsanders

Hello. I have 2 XPro transmitters (Sony & Nikon). They are from 2020 but basically unused. I just checked the firmware to find that both are one version out of date.

I installed the Godox G2 firmware updater (and its driver) on Windows 11 Pro. I have previously installed the G1 update & driver and they worked fine to update my TT685 flash.

Sadly, I cannot get the G2 updater/driver to work with either unit; the symptom is that each unit doesn't appear in the "Connected" drop-down dialogue box in the updater. I tried the Flashpoint "F2" app instead, but it appears to be identical.

I have tried 6 different USB-C cables (all of which are known good). I have tried putting Win 11 into "test mode" (which allows unsigned device drivers). I have tried running the updaters in Admin mode. I have tried the Xpro units with no batteries, batteries+on, batteries+off. No luck.

It seems as though the Windows driver is just not working (unless both units have failed interfaces, which seems unlikely)

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I'm a computer scientist, so feel free to be as technical as you wish.

Thanks and regards, M.

mickjsanders

Hello everyone.

I have good news; I hope my discovery may help others in future.

I mentioned that I had tried 6 USB-C cables (eg, Apple, Anker). But I read a post on Reddit where someone mentioned getting their Godox gear updated *only* by using a USB-C to USB-A cable. I tried a no-brand USB-C to USB-A cable with an Apple USB-A to USB-C adaptor (see image). As soon as I plugged in the XPro-N (and, later, the XPro-S) Windows 11 made the "USB Connection" sound, and the firmware updater worked perfectly with both.

Clearly there is something non-standard in the Godox USB-C connectors. Anyway, this worked for me!

Attachments

• Godox-cable-OK.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14

Doug Kerr

Hello everyone.

I have good news; I hope my discovery may help others in future.

I mentioned that I had tried 6 USB-C cables (eg, Apple, Anker). But I read a post on Reddit where someone mentioned getting their Godox gear updated *only* by using a USB-C to USB-A cable. I tried a no-brand USB-C to USB-A cable with an Apple USB-A to USB-C adaptor (see image). As soon as I plugged in the XPro-N (and, later, the XPro-S) Windows 11 made the "USB Connection" sound, and the firmware updater worked perfectly with both.

Clearly there is something non-standard in the Godox USB-C connectors. Anyway, this worked for me!
Hi, Mick (I guess).

Fascinating.

Thanks so much for that report.

Best regards,

Doug