• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hiya

Hi all,

I'm probably the world's worst photographer. I've just started picking up cameras again after long hiatus. I'm a non-working painter/sculptor-so I'm coming at this with the eye and skills of a classically trained abstract expressionist if that makes sense.

I'm currently in Pune, India. This trip I thought I would travel with no camera, just my phone and ended up buying a Canon M50 in Malaysia which I've been learning. I also impulsively bought 2 used cameras online: Sigma DP3 Merrill. And Chinon's Digital Harinezumi 4.0 (to give you an idea where I'm at) So much for no cameras-lol.

My interests are heading towards: macro-ish interior still life details in low light of the mess in my flat, multiple exposures, street fisheye, B&W monochrome infrared with infrared flash. And of course, people portraits. I know zilch about post processing and look forward to getting help on this site. You guys know what you're doing.

Thanks,
Laurence

Doug Kerr

Hi, Laurence,

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you're in the same condition as many of us!

Nice to see you get an M50. I think that's a nice machine.

We'll be looking forward to see what you do!

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Pune India? That could be a place on Mars, I am so ignorant. But thanks to Google, within a few moments I will know a lot more!

The Sigma Merrill seems to be a great “MF-quality” camera with superb image quality. Your Harinezumi 4.0 is again new to me, but that to I will read up on shortly!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Laurence,

Glad you are here.

What are you shooting these days! I watch out for when you stop by and visit.

I am dying to see somecofcyourxwork!

Asher