• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Horseshoe Bend

Dave Luttmann

A good friend recently completed a 50 mile run in this region. Got me thinking about a photo excursion I did and the series I completed here and in some of the slit canyons. Here’s one from Horseshoe on a cloudy day

392C361D-0621-4352-ACB0-26AD9F4C64EA.jpeg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well this is an immense field of view. How did you get there and what is the technique: a single ultrawide shot or stitched? How's it processed and are you. planning an exhibition of this series as this first sample is impressive?

Asher

Dave Luttmann

Sigma 10mm on APSC camera…three panel vertical stitch. Processed in Lightroom, Photoshop and Analog Effects. Stitch with PTGui. I have a series of B&W from slit canyons that I have exhibited. I’ll share them soon.

Asher Kelman

Sigma 10mm on APSC camera…three panel vertical stitch. Processed in Lightroom, Photoshop and Analog Effects. Stitch with PTGui. I have a series of B&W from slit canyons that I have exhibited. I’ll share them soon.
I appreciate very much these details. It allows you to get marvelous detail. Ansel Adams would work on this for three months and 10 years later would go back and start over. This has so much potential for asking you, the creator new questions each time you return to it.

I am looking forward to you sharing more of the series. Did you have to hike and climb much to get this view?

Asher

Dave Luttmann

I appreciate very much these details. It allows you to get marvelous detail. Ansel Adams would work on this for three months and 10 years later would go back and start over. This has so much potential for asking you, the creator new questions each time you return to it.

I am looking forward to you sharing more of the series. Did you have to hike and climb much to get this view?

Asher
There is a parking lot off the road. You hike up a hill and then back down again. Not far…few hundred yards. When I was there, you could walk right up to the cliff edge and lean over. For a few shots, I extended myself when lying down so I was slightly over the edge while a couple of people held my ankles.

Asher Kelman

There is a parking lot off the road. You hike up a hill and then back down again. Not far…few hundred yards. When I was there, you could walk right up to the cliff edge and lean over. For a few shots, I extended myself when lying down so I was slightly over the edge while a couple of people held my ankles.
Smart to have safety of helpers. A number of times on narrow ledges, I have been so “into the scene” and my composition, that I have moved the tripod forward 10”, almost to an unrecoverable drop!

Asher