• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

How to sell a picture?

Leonardo Boher

pro member
Hi folks,

Someone wanted to buy a pic of mines, as the time pass by, many people want to buy my stuff, so I'm now in the need of knowing how to sell a pic.

I figured that I cannot send the file, but the printed image for obviously copyright things. If the consumer get the file, it can sell it later. However, I have to sent the file to some printer shop able to send the print to anywhere in the world so, how can I be sure that the printer shop won't make profit of my own pictures? Should be some kind of law or something around. What do you think?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Leo :)

Btw, there are no printer shops in my country that send pics outside the country, so I have to hire an on-line printer shop.

Tudor Stanescu

I would never send a client an image to print themselves, unless they were buying rights to the image. I have a guy who does all my printing as I trust him.

In terms of digital rights goes, I would sell two types of licences. One would be cheaper, a standard use licence, which would let them use the image on their website, social media. The higher tier would be an exclusive licence where I sell them full rights to the image, and they can use the image as they please, and they would get the original RAW as well.