• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Its the desert, and we have a cardinal for that

Doug Kerr

The desert cardinal (Cardinalis sinuatus), or pyrrhuloxia, is a songbird native to the American southwest and northern Mexico.

This shot, by Carla's son Larry, shows a beautiful male visiting one our bird feeders:

Desert_cardinal-101-s800.jpg

Lawrence R. Henry: Desert cardinal at lunch

As you see, he already has chosen a tasty seed for this course of lunch.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks to Larry for sharing this great catch!

What delightful plumage. I am rarely jealous but this is something I would love to see for myself one day!

Asher

The desert cardinal (Cardinalis sinuatus), or pyrrhuloxia, is a songbird native to the American southwest and northern Mexico.

This shot, by Carla's son Larry, shows a beautiful male visiting one our bird feeders:

View attachment 11389
Lawrence R. Henry: Desert cardinal at lunch

As you see, he already has chosen a tasty seed for this course of lunch.

Best regards,

Doug
What a beautiful bird. FAbulous!