• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Let's start with good food!

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
A short while ago, we shot for the second time food images for the Saint-James’ (Bouliac) starred chef Nicolas Magie and his pastry partner Sebastien Bertin …
(first shoot was shown here).

A work with the 645 D for which the 55mm, stabilized 90mm, 90-160mm and 300 mm lens were used.
ƒ14 and ISO 200 were de rigueur (with some exceptions).

No faking in post-production, no superposition but stifling heat: 30°c (86° Fahrenheit) under the shade! Sometimes one has to work fast …

First, just one image to introduce the idea and start the juices flowing!

_NCL2920_1.jpg

Obviously, here is a dessert, many more to come…

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

Esteemed m. CLARIS:

Lovely food.

Lovely work.

Respectfully,

Douglas A. Kerr
images dak
Alamogordo, New Mexico USA

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas,

Food photography has to be not only attention getting and attractive but also must somehow invite the viewer to partake of the offerings. Success!

I am amazed at the clarity. For use you did at least use sharpening? But what about curves? In any case, I want some!

Asher

nicolas claris

Nicolas,

Food photography has to be not only attention getting and attractive but also must somehow invite the viewer to partake of the offerings. Success!

Next time you and Wendy come to Bordeaux, you'll be our guests !

I am amazed at the clarity. For use you did at least use sharpening? But what about curves? In any case, I want some!

Asher
The best of light one can hope for : Sun!
Topaz Clarity (with my own settings) Thank you Bart!
My 2013 sharpness action in PS
All raws developed with LR5

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
One of the most difficult thing a parent can do is give up a child. As a photographer, so many pictures are our children. But as a curator, my job is to select from among the best, the best. That's a job that requires competence and insight and it's almost hubris to take on such a task. Hopefully, the pictures that survived here, do speak for themselves and for the tenderness and devotion of Nicolas Claris the photographer.

Asher

nicolas claris

One of the most difficult thing a parent can do is give up a child. As a photographer, so many pictures are our children. But as a curator, my job is to select from among the best, the best. That's a job that requires competence and insight and it's almost hubris to take on such a task. Hopefully, the pictures that survived here, do speak for themselves and for the tenderness and devotion of Nicolas Claris the photographer.

Asher

Asher,
An external eye (and a pretty good one!) is always of good help!

Amitiés

Controlling reflection is one of the significant challenges in photography, with natural light, it is easy to get high-quality images that have the potential to captivate attention.