• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Projecto 33 - Setúbal, Portugal

Antonio Correia

What is Projecto 33 ?
In January 2016 after a quick and informal meet with other people liking photography, the idea came up: why not invite a photographer to show his/her work every month ?
Someone told: There will be not enough photographs and it will end in no time !
I came home and start working on such a project. Since then, four years are gone and Projecto 33 still exists and 2020 is already filled with a couple of invitees...
Portuguese and Brazilians have been invited to show their work.
It is a project not for myself, but for the others. I have not earned a thing... and I will not be in it but to present the invited photographers.
It is free to attend and there is money involved in any way. All voluntary !
Everything has been working since the beginning. Of course, I have some work inviting, insisting, organising the slide show and so on. I do it all by my own. The computer is mine and the projector is from an art organisation.
Certain invited people, send me the necessary (a couple of images and an avatar) while others wait until the day before... anyway I have been managing to make everything work. ;)
Why 33 and not any other number ? Because it was supposed to be held every third Tuesday of the month. Tuesday in Portuguese is Terça-feira so, it makes some sense. Last year, it moved to Thursday for external pressures, but I am keeping the name.
The event is a small local success, so far. People are coming from around, 30, 40 even 200 kilometers away to attend... how many ? Average 38/year. Here, it is good !

Do you want to implement such a project in your town ? Using my logo ? Fun...

The last session was an interesting one with João Leonardo.
Here are some of his images. All under a theme.
No video is done. Facebook page is here.
i-nbp9d2F-S.jpg

P33-JL01-VALSA-02-X2.jpg

P33-JL01-VALSA-01-X2.jpg

P33-JL02-DESCONSTRUCAO-02-X2.jpg

I have seen several of your photos of your project images and I'm always pleased to see so many people attend. I was also amazed to know that it was still on-going since a few years now, but had not understood that you were inviting photographers from several miles around and from other countries too. Bravo, for you, your project and for the community of photographers that support your project by showing up. I'm sure it is very interesting. Congratulations! :) Maggie

Antonio Correia

Thank you Maggie for your words ! :)
If you ever come to Portugal, I would like you to show your fantastic work for this small audience...
You could even have some Sun and eat grilled fish in Setúbal ... :) :)

Thank you Maggie for your words ! :)
If you ever come to Portugal, I would like you to show your fantastic work for this small audience...
You could even have some Sun and eat grilled fish in Setúbal ... :):)
Antonio. I wish some day to have enough money fallen from the sky to be able to come and visit your beautiful country. I would be so pleased to show my humble work but also would love to see the work of the photographers from your area! I would also love to meet you and your wonderful wife! :) Maggie

Antonio Correia

I know very little of informatics. All has been done "pro bono" with my shallow knowledge.
I have lately thought I could make a blogspot for Projecto 33 but such a task is tedious, boring and I get fed up. I take ages to do anything...
Perhaps I am exaggerating but that would take me ages...
You would need a room and a schedule of invitees for the year 2020, for example, as a start point.
It is something to think about. It could be implemented not only in LA, but also in Munich, Bordeaux and so on... I am just dreaming. :giggle:
In Portugal I have not "found" people for such a task...

Antonio Correia

Yesterday, it was another day for Projecto 33 with another invitee of mines: João Carlos
This time it was a young Portuguese man who is born in NY, living in Portugal these days.
I decided to share with you not only the video of the session (in Portuguese) which perhap you can watch with English subtitles but an excellent image of his folio Isolamento (Isolation)
You can see his work at
Vimeo = https://vimeo.com/joaocarlosphoto
Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/joaocarlosphoto/
Facebook = https://www.facebook.com/joaocarlosphotography/
Homepage = https://joaocarlosphoto.com/
I am sorry if the image bellow has no quality but it is a simple screen capture.
i-5KL87FX-X4.png

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Everyone,

This work of Projecto 33, (the brainchild of Antonio and colleagues), is in Portuguese but wholly accessible, as it’s all about images and these are striking and explanations are in most part intuitive.

I must congratulate the group for the enviously high standard of photography, collegiality and support!

Asher