• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rainbow and then some

Doug Kerr

Over the last week or so we have had here in southern New Mexico more overcast than is usual for this time of year, and a bit of rain from it (most of it, as prescribed by the Camelot statutes, at night).

Today Carla and her son Larry had to run an errand in El Paso, Texas (about 85 miles south), Larry driving.

On the way back on US54, about halfway to here (just north of the ghost town of Oro Grande), they spotted a beautiful aerial display to the northwest. Larry pulled onto the shoulder of the highway and took this beautiful shot.

Q12562-01-s800.jpg

Lawrence R. Henry: Rainbow and then some

This was shot with our Panasonic DMC-FZ1000. This is ex camera, full frame, no processing other than a little rotating and what comes along with the downsizing for posting.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Exceptional!

Such a wide light effect bursting through thr clouds. Never seen anything like that even when God calls me directly!

Asher

Doug Kerr

I decided to add this to this thread because it was easy.

Carla's son Larry is very interested in the outdoors: astronomy, birds, squirrels, plants, trees, clouds, and everything else. He spends a fair amount of his "spare time" sitting on our patio, observing (and, of late, photographing) what he sees.

Last night was the full moon, and he took a number of shots of it. At that time, it has just risen over the mountains, and the view from Larry's favorite position on the patio was through our quite substantial pomegranate tree. But he shot anyway.

This is one of my favorites.

Q12614-01-s800.jpg

Lawrence R. Henry: Pomegranate moon

This is the full frame. We decided not to crop the original frame as the surrounding trees and dark sky seemed to add drama to the image.

Best regards,

Doug