• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"Reflex" shot

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Some days ago I was shooting a launching of a 77 feet sailing boat:

_45R0556_CNB77-1000.jpg

one person blurred to protect privacy…

To my surprise, a little bit later those guys flew over me…

_45R0931_Coincoin.jpg

EF 70-200 IS - ƒ8 - ISO 400 - 1/1000s - one shot
Full frame in width, cropped useless sky (top and bottom)

I wonder why one of these guy has a clear colour beak…

nicolas claris

The first Mallard Duck is female and has a different colour of beak/head from the remaining males which have the yellow beak/green head combination.

Thanks Anil
This I knew, but look on the center, the duck under another one has an almost white beak…

_45R0931_Coincoin2.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

Bonjour Nicolas,

Good reflex capture. These guys were flying quite low and close it seems since you had a 200mm on the camera. The guy with the different colour beak is a descendant of the famous "Ugly Duckling" if you ask me, lol.

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Some days ago I was shooting a launching of a 77 feet sailing boat:

_45R0556_CNB77-1000.jpg

one person blurred to protect privacy…

To my surprise, a little bit later those guys flew over me…

_45R0931_Coincoin.jpg

EF 70-200 IS - ƒ8 - ISO 400 - 1/1000s - one shot
Full frame in width, cropped useless sky (top and bottom)

I wonder why one of these guy has a clear colour beak…

Nicolas,

The boat is superb! I'd love to hear about the facilities on board!

However, the birds are an exceptional catch and I'm so impressed. Beautiful!

Asher

nicolas claris

Nicolas,

The boat is superb! I'd love to hear about the facilities on board!

However, the birds are an exceptional catch and I'm so impressed. Beautiful!

Asher

Hi Asher
You may see more of one of the sistership (kind of a twin) of the boat, below is the saloon pic:

i_G8A0752.jpg

more there

As for the bird, honestly I don't think that the shot is an "exceptional catch" just a good shot made by reflex, imho…
Here is a revised version, hope you'll like it…

_45R0931_Ducks.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Asher
You may see more of one of the sistership (kind of a twin) of the boat, below is the saloon pic:

i_G8A0752.jpg

more there

Nicolas,

This interior, as well, is indeed remarkable. The cabin is handsome and functional, but it's too tidy for me! That table can seat at least 9 people, maybe 12. I wonder why I'm not jealous and only admire it. I guess it's the same as the birds, I enjoy them for their amazing design and beuaty and that they fly against the elements and come home again.

The bird picture, by your quick action, lands you a superbly natural picture that will give a lot of folks happiness. I like the entire community of ducks that are each individuals but fly together. How large would one bird print?

Asher

nicolas claris

This interior, as well, is indeed remarkable. The cabin is handsome and functional, but it's too tidy for me! That table can seat at least 9 people, maybe 12. I wonder why I'm not jealous and only admire it.

Well, if the baot were yours you could "put" all the mess you may wish!
However a boat must always be kept clean and in order, otherwise everything will fall down with the first wave… then it may become unsafe to walk inside and find what you may need to handle the boat…

The bird picture, by your quick action, lands you a superbly natural picture that will give a lot of folks happiness. I like the entire community of ducks that are each individuals but fly together. How large would one bird print?

As previously said this is full frame/size of 1DS3 file, the crop is only horizontal, so you may end-up with ducks larger than in real…