• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Schäfflertanz - Dance of the Barrel-Makers

Michael Nagel

The dance of the barrel-makers took place this year - as every seven years.

Here are some pictures I took seven years ago.

Two more from this year - using the same camera:

Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wonderful cheery tradition. But is there still a local guild training apprentice barrel makers?

I would like to think these are still made in workshops and not imported in bulk from China.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Jerome,

I am so gratified that these artisans have not been displaced, as yet, by some wood product biopolymer from China.

A lot of care goes into these barrels,I can see.

I lingered on tour link and learned how to make a wonderful wooden vase with natural spreading arms from the Y-shape of a large tree branch!

These videos are a great addition to OPF and much more lovely and engaging!

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Michael Nagel

Back to the dance.

Different place, different day. It was the last dance of this day and it was getting dark. Shot with K-1 at ISO 20000 to ISO 32000.

Michael

Asher Kelman

Thanks for taking such effort to satisfy my worry of using tar!

Now it makes sense!

Asher

Last edited: