• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Selling a picture for a flyer about wines in France?

Leonardo Boher

pro member
I have a french guy who want to use one of my pictures for a flyer of wines. He says that his budget isn't very good. I don't want to say no, but I also don't want to be ripped off. Do you have some suggestions/advices?

Thanks,

Leo :)

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hmmm
whatever price you'll agree with, get paid before delivering the file.

Build your price upon the number of copies printed and size of image.

Deliver your image to the final used size (no bigger!)

@ Michael, I'm afraid that the wine shouldn't be as good and that the its transportation would cost more than the money Leonardo could get ;-)

Alain Briot

pro member
"He says that his budget isn't very good."

It's the right thing to say when starting a negotiation! One possible answer is that your budget isn't very good either and that you need to make money from the sale of your photographs to correct that.

Whatever you do, consider all things said during negotiation as arguments. Not as truth. If you do you'll never negotiate a deal that works for both of you. You'll always lose.

Leonardo Boher

pro member
"He says that his budget isn't very good."

It's the right thing to say when starting a negotiation! One possible answer is that your budget isn't very good either and that you need to make money from the sale of your photographs to correct that.

Whatever you do, consider all things said during negotiation as arguments. Not as truth. If you do you'll never negotiate a deal that works for both of you. You'll always lose.

Wow... the corner stone of negotiation... I finally got the expertise, now I'm some kind of freaky businessman. Learnt lot of formal logic, how to use it in negotiations (and other topics) and persuasion techniques as well :D But not to use them against the client, just to know the game under the table, you know...

Thanks a lot for the comment! It¡s really worthy to think it that way!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wow... the corner stone of negotiation... I finally got the expertise, now I'm some kind of freaky businessman. Learnt lot of formal logic, how to use it in negotiations (and other topics) and persuasion techniques as well :D But not to use them against the client, just to know the game under the table, you know...

Thanks a lot for the comment! It¡s really worthy to think it that way!

Leo,

I'm getting the impression, from work in the music industry, that representation and management, f there's a good fit, can alter the bargaining equation between the artist and the commercial buyer. See if you can assemble a portfolio and website so that you can get someone with connections and authority to bargain on your behalf.

Asher