• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Snowy Egrets

Tony Britton

Hello,

Here's a few fairly recent Snowy Egrets photographed with my Sony DSC-RX10 M4.
DSC00694tonybritton2023-XL.jpg

DSC02464-XL.jpg

DSC05966-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tony,

Welcome back! We’ve missed your artful photography.

So beautiful! And timely for thr holidays!

Thanks for sharing!

Very graceful but amazingly efficient hunters!

Asher

Tony Britton

Tony,

Welcome back! We’ve missed your artful photography.

So beautiful! And timely for thr holidays!

Thanks for sharing!

Very graceful but amazingly efficient hunters!

Asher
Thanks very much, Asher!
Tony,

On technique:

Did you use flash and some tele-extender like Better Beamer for these amazingly bright shots?

Asher
Hi Asher,

No flash was used. I still rely on natural side-lighting to capture my favorite types of bird photos. Early morning sunlight provides plenty of dramatic light to play with. I'm still enjoying my "fixed-lens" Sony DSC-RX10 M4 bridge camera. What a sensational camera! I believe you have a link to my website If you're ever interested in seeing more of what this camera can do.

Best,
Tony

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Fantastic photos Tony.

Here is one of mine.

012K0585PSac.jpeg

EOS 1DSIII 600mm f5.6 1/640s ISO 800 if I remember correctly EF 300mm f2.8 L IS USM with 2X tc

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Will and Tony,

I am blown away by the love of nature you both show and the fabulous payoff one can get by organizing oneself specifically for a goal of recording such phenomenon beauty.

I am so grateful that your pictures enhance OPF and make it worthwhile!

Asher