• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Best Recent Story About Sport

Sport is meant to foster physical and mental fortitude among athletes, bonding and loyalty among teammates and supporters, and the promotion of happiness and quality of life in everybody involved. Pah! Those who say that delude themselves. Just watch the faces and bodily language of players and fans in the FIFA World Cup (or any other team sport). Over the course of games, emotions range from extreme bliss to the depths of dispair. Actions and utterances on the field and in the grandstand range from the sublime to the vile. Players verbally insult, push, trip, kick, and sometimes hit each other. Fans curse and jeer at opposing players and spectators, and even sometimes at their own players. Fisticuffs or worse arise if security people not around. Such behaviors are thought borderline (or fully) criminal or pathological in other contexts. And yet, when a game is over, people l(including those ike me) return to relive such experiences at the following game.

Last year, I started watching Rugby League games on a Canadian Internet app. Although I was an ardent Rugby League fan when living in northern England during the 1970s, my interest rekindled when the newly formed Toronto Wolfpack, which is the only professional Rugby League team in North America, began to play in the third tier of the English league. The Wolfpack won the third tier handily in 2017. This season, they are well ahead of the chasing pack in the second tier. Their dream, to earn promotion to the top tier (known as the Super League) by 2019 could come to fruition.

Just a brief digression before I show some photos. Read this article/ that describes how Toronto Wolfpack came into being, how it operates, and its hopes and dreams. The article provides a valuable lesson about what sport should be about but rarely is about.

The following pictures were taken at the Wolfpack's last home game against Dewsbury Rams. Because Dewsbury was the team I supported in England, it was a trip down Nostalgia Lane to watch them again. The first picture shows the final touch down in Wolfpack's 64-12 win. However, the score was laregly irrelevant to the fans. They came to be happy and party. And party they did, throughout the game, and for at least two hours afterwards.

Last WolfPack Touch Down
toronto_wolfpack_touch_down_against_dewsbury_by_rufusthered-dcf8pcf.jpg

Post-Game Party
toronto_wolfpack_post_game_party_by_rufusthered-dcf8pkq.jpg

Here's the post-game party. Note the players from both teams on the perimeter of the field. They came to shake hands and chat with the partying fans. It was generous and delightful and happens after every home game.​

Wolfpack's Captain
[CENTER
toronto_wolfpack_captain_by_rufusthered-dcf8psc.jpg
Here's the Wolfpack's captain greeting fans.​

Musicians and Flag Wavers​
toronto_wolfpack_musicians_by_rufusthered-dcf8pyp.jpg
Here's an impromptu band of 'musicians' celebrating after the game. The also made 'music' throughout the game.​

Beautiful Fans
toronto_wolfpack_fans_by_rufusthered-dcf8q5k.jpg
Compared to games played in England, the demograpic profile of specators differed in Toronto. The English fans tended to be middle-aged or older, looked as though their diet included too many carbohydrates, and didn't look too prosperous (i.e., as viewed on the Internet). The Toronto fans were younger and livelier, and to my mind more beautiful. {Even Hollywood Starlets don't look as good as this couple, do they Asher? :)} What also impressed me was the sense of community during the game and post-game partying. It was very inclusive and obvious that lasting friendships had formed during earlier games. Clearly, regular attendance at sport promoted bonding, loyalty and happiness . What more could anyone want than that.
Cheers, Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Sport is meant to foster physical and mental fortitude among athletes, bonding and loyalty among teammates and supporters, and the promotion of happiness and quality of life in everybody involved. Pah! Those who say that delude themselves. Just watch the faces and bodily language of players and fans in the FIFA World Cup (or any other team sport). Over the course of games, emotions range from extreme bliss to the depths of dispair. Actions and utterances on the field and in the grandstand range from the sublime to the vile. Players verbally insult, push, trip, kick, and sometimes hit each other. Fans curse and jeer at opposing players and spectators, and even sometimes at their own players. Fisticuffs or worse arise if security people not around. Such behaviors are thought borderline (or fully) criminal or pathological in other contexts. And yet, when a game is over, people l(including those ike me) return to relive such experiences at the following game.

Last year, I started watching Rugby League games on a Canadian Internet app. Although I was an ardent Rugby League fan when living in northern England during the 1970s, my interest rekindled when the newly formed Toronto Wolfpack, which is the only professional Rugby League team in North America, began to play in the third tier of the English league. The Wolfpack won the third tier handily in 2017. This season, they are well ahead of the chasing pack in the second tier. Their dream, to earn promotion to the top tier (known as the Super League) by 2019 could come to fruition.

Just a brief digression before I show some photos. Read this article/ that describes how Toronto Wolfpack came into being, how it operates, and its hopes and dreams. The article provides a valuable lesson about what sport should be about but rarely is about.

The following pictures were taken at the Wolfpack's last home game against Dewsbury Rams. Because Dewsbury was the team I supported in England, it was a trip down Nostalgia Lane to watch them again. The first picture shows the final touch down in Wolfpack's 64-12 win. However, the score was laregly irrelevant to the fans. They came to be happy and party. And party they did, throughout the game, and for at least two hours afterwards.

Last WolfPack Touch Down
toronto_wolfpack_touch_down_against_dewsbury_by_rufusthered-dcf8pcf.jpg

Post-Game Party
toronto_wolfpack_post_game_party_by_rufusthered-dcf8pkq.jpg

Here's the post-game party. Note the players from both teams on the perimeter of the field. They came to shake hands and chat with the partying fans. It was generous and delightful and happens after every home game.​

Wolfpack's Captain
[CENTER
toronto_wolfpack_captain_by_rufusthered-dcf8psc.jpg
Here's the Wolfpack's captain greeting fans.​

Musicians and Flag Wavers​
toronto_wolfpack_musicians_by_rufusthered-dcf8pyp.jpg
Here's an impromptu band of 'musicians' celebrating after the game. The also made 'music' throughout the game.​

Beautiful Fans
toronto_wolfpack_fans_by_rufusthered-dcf8q5k.jpg
Compared to games played in England, the demograpic profile of specators differed in Toronto. The English fans tended to be middle-aged or older, looked as though their diet included too many carbohydrates, and didn't look too prosperous (i.e., as viewed on the Internet). The Toronto fans were younger and livelier, and to my mind more beautiful. {Even Hollywood Starlets don't look as good as this couple, do they Asher? :)} What also impressed me was the sense of community during the game and post-game partying. It was very inclusive and obvious that lasting friendships had formed during earlier games. Clearly, regular attendance at sport promoted bonding, loyalty and happiness . What more could anyone want than that.
Cheers, Mike

This couple could have been walking past me on a long beach street as I sipped my coffee and snapped passers by. I see such a variety of ethnicities and economic strata strolling along, enjoying the fresh breeze from the Pacific Ocean just a few blocks away.

It’s amazing to see a sequence of a fat arsed young men and women then a lovely plus sized 30 year old and followed by a girl of about 18 with a perfect figure, all seemingly from different but closely related species!

In Africa, the herds of Zebra, antelope, wilderbeast or even elephants are uniform in size, except for juveniles and male versus female body forms!

No other species seems to have such variety of extra, meso and endomorphic body habitus!

Amazingly, you can mate with a fat one or a thin one and sex type be damned!

Asher