• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Chris Calohan

All Florida State University Doctorial (in music) students.

I deliberately shot close-ups...just because it struck my fancy to do so.

bassoon.jpg

clarinet.jpg

combo.jpg

french-and-oboe.jpg

leader.jpg

flautist.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chris,

What a good job you have done. It’s important to choose close ups and show the intricate finger work and coordination needed.

You have done a good job. Each person deserves several pictures. Do you plan to send them copies? They need them for their résumé’s!

I know they will love your work and appreciate them!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It’s always amazing to me to see an orchestra and realize each musician cost about 1 million US to train. Such a huge amount of National and personal resources and the greatest longline ness and competition in practicing hours and hours, giving recitals, being judged every week!

They work so hard!

But in the end they become either a part of a large orchestra or a very few, renowned and beloved international stars, going from packed concert to packed concert, all over the world!

I know such students very well!

Asher

Chris Calohan

This quintet has won numerous professional and college level competitions and when they finish their educational endeavors plan to remain a group and travel the world doing more concerts. Just recently, they won the prestigious Music International Grand Prix in the Musical Ensemble category.

My difficulty in shooting this event was having to deal with a mix of LED and florescent lighting, neither of which had the wattage to support anything less than an ISO of 1000-2000. Getting realistic skin tones was a bear as the tonal quality stayed pretty much flat. C'est la Vie!