• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: The Paris Marathon...

fahim mohammed

There is only one Paris, for me. And it is not the one in Texas, USA.
Paris, France.

On the 8th of April, 2018, Paris held the Paris Marathon race.
Distance 42.195 kms.

Ayesha ran and completed the race. Beating her completion time at the NYC Marathon.
By no less than 7 minutes and change.
And that too with suffering and being treated for her Plantar Faciitis.

She was in Paris for ten days..practicing on the route and getting acclimatized to the conditions.
She has now left Paris.

I shall definitely tell her that she, as a woman, who has raised 4 children...at the summit of their careers, and other members of her gender have fared in an an unapologetic comparison with working tools and commodities. And I shall tell her that this comparison does not originate from the Arab world.

As for me, her children, family and friends; we could not be more proud of her and her accomplishments!

Mountains..check. Hiking and trekking...check. Marathon races...check. Deep sea diving...check. Parachute training...check. Business..check. Painting..check. Photography...check.

Educational degree..check. Teaching...check. Social work locally and internationally...check.

And the biggest accomplishment....marriage and raising of children to be educated and carrying forward our values, customs and traditions. Check.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher.

Paris, France.

Distance 42.195 kms.

Ayesha ran and completed the race. Beating her completion time at the NYC Marathon.
And that too with suffering and being treated for her Plantar Faciitis.

I am so proud of Ayesha.

Best regards.

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, Asher.

I am so proud of Ayesha.

Best regards.

Doug

Doug,

I am so proud that you addressed this to me! My own wife, Wendy, too is amazing in her accomplishments, devotion to our values and to giving back to society, even beyond her means, that Fahim words, (with some, albeit major sports-related adjustments), can equally apply to her!

Or, perhaps, you feel this warrants directly being addressed to top OPf management! Well if that’s the case, your reaction of pride in this is duly noted!

In any case, let me tell you that Ayesha has always been in my mind one of the special women heaven placed on this planet to demonstrate to disbelieving men and quiet subservient women that within each of us is a God-given package of gifts and worth that we each can use to rise above hesitation about what a woman can accomplish.

So, I must admit, I am no longer amazed by Ayesha’s wondrous achievements of grit, spirit and love of family. But I do wonder, (every now and then), how we dumb-lucky “Forrest Gump” men managed to score the life-long love, devotion and trust of such living treasures?

Yes we may be erudite, educated, even accomplished, but for sure if we deserved this joy, it must have been payback for noble deeds done in a previous cycle of our souls!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Doug,

I am so proud that you addressed this to me!

Oops! A senior moment on the editorial front.

Sorry.

And Fahim, of course this was meant to be addressed to you. Sorry.

My own wife, Wendy, too is amazing in her accomplishments, devotion to our values and to giving back to society, even beyond her means, that Fahim words, (with some, albeit major sports-related adjustments), can equally apply to her!

Or, perhaps, you feel this warrants directly being addressed to top OPf management!

Well, why not.

Well if that’s the case, your reaction of pride in this is duly noted!

In any case, let me tell you that Ayesha has always been in my mind one of the special women heaven placed on this planet to demonstrate to disbelieving men and quiet subservient women that within each of us is a God-given package of gifts and worth that we each can use to rise above hesitation about what a woman can accomplish.

So, I must admit, I am no longer amazed by Ayesha’s wondrous achievements of grit, spirit and love of family. But I do wonder, (every now and then), how we dumb-lucky “Forrest Gump” men managed to score the life-long love, devotion and trust of such living treasures?

Yes we may be erudite, educated, even accomplished, but for sure if we deserved this joy, it must have been payback for noble deeds done in a previous cycle of our souls!

Thanks for all that.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Paris, France.

Distance 42.195 kms.

And that too with suffering and being treated for her Plantar Fasciitis.

Fahim,

Tell Ayesha to slow down! I know she “needs” to compete with herself and keep ahead of the curve. But we are actually frail and the pain in the inside of the foot is not innocent! She must start somewhere in also looking after herself.

I worry about her going beyond her endurance and making the condition worse!

We wish her many more successes but take care!

I too am proud of her! I hope her story is on Saudi TV to inspire a new generation!

Mountains..check. Hiking and trekking...check. Marathon races...check. Deep sea diving...check. Parachute training...check. Business..check. Painting..check. Photography...check.

Educational degree..check. Teaching...check. Social work locally and internationally...check.

And the biggest accomplishment....marriage and raising of children to be educated and carrying forward our values, customs and traditions. Check.

Yes, you are both blessed!

Asher

James Lemon

It’s a strange paradox: As much as women have fought to prove that they don’t just “belong in the kitchen,” the restaurant world remains dominated by men.

Asher Kelman

It’s a strange paradox: As much as women have fought to prove that they don’t just “belong in the kitchen,” the restaurant world remains dominated by men.

They didn’t fight to prove “They don’t just belong in the kitchen, LOL!

They faught to be free from assumptions. The fought for self worth and the choice to be presidents or stockbrokers, fishermen or accounts or sports stars, just as they wished!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Mine Washes clothes, and cleans dishes.
I have discarded a few. Bought new ones.

My washing machines and dishwashers.

p.s. I have heard there are vessels that can hold semen. Called ‘ surrogate ‘ something or another.
Those come with various specs and guarantees. Hmmm. What will they invent next!

Asher Kelman

Meanwhile, I wish we had pictures! So far I have seen Ayesha in a lot of testing sports conditions. The best was Everest!

Asher

fahim mohammed

You mean these ones?

p2821041068-4.jpg

p2821041067-5.jpg

You could call the first image as ' street '. But pleazzze..this is not any street!!

Disclaimer: These photos are by a commercial photo-house selling the event pictures, which I have downloaded, and paid for..including these two.

Asher Kelman

You mean these ones?

Of course! Why do you hold the best back?

At last we get the amazing spectacle and sense of mass movement and joy at the finish!

p2821041068-4.jpg

Stolen Obelisk! Being decayed by acid pollution!

But the Avenue des Champs-Élysées is unparalleled anywhere in the world. But I am one of the steadfast admirers of the flawed genius, Napoleon who mistakenly thought imagined it as the glorious center of the known world! The later might be true, but actual “credit” has to be given to the royal houses that went before him, who gradually transformed areas of mere “royal kitchen gardens” to perhaps the most grand, tree-lined, Boulevard in the world: an absolute “must” for any respectable invading army to parade its overwhelming might!

p2821041067-5.jpg

You could call the first image as ' street '. But pleazzze..this is not any street!!

Disclaimer: These photos are by a commercial photo-house selling the event pictures, which I have downloaded, and paid for..including these two.

Yes, but this picture of Ayesha’s “victory” is worth 100 times what you could have paid!

We are so proud of you Ayesha! Was it carried by papers or TV in KSA?

.........but how are the feet, knees, calves and back!

Asher