• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hommage

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi

dedicated to Gustave Corbet and his masterpiece "L'origine du monde”!

Wolfgang,

What a novel way of seeing the wonderful Cala alilly! I would never have imagined or conjured up such an unusual presentation of this perfectly bright white flower, one that always captivated my heart!

I could never have connected a B&W photograph to “Gustave Corbet and his masterpiece "L'origine du monde”. But you have vaulted over barriers that my brain finds and caused me to meditate on the matter!

First this incredibly pure flower has gone on an a surprising journey into sparse light. Perhaps this is dusk when girls undress for bed and so life restarts.

This picture requires, for my translation the feminine thoughts of Maggie Terlecki and Charlotte Thompson as with my own skills I am still somewhat blindfolded by my preconceived boundaries of what is possible.

Your work shows me my own limitations and also that there are always vast possibilities to explore beyond our immediate certain vision!

Thanks for this challenge and for sharing a fine photograph!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Now I recall I myself took a photograph of my muse Kate with Autumn leaves we had gathered from the street outside my home. I felt that the Sienna colors added an essential factor and still demonstrated the motif but less provocatively.

Your fine and surprising image, Wolfgang, and homage to the same painting reminded me of that shoot!

Now I have to rediscover the images!

Asher

Wolfgang, this is a beautiful image and I can understand why the men here would think it also both because it's a great photo and one where men can equate it to a woman's vagina. I, as a woman, find it a little stark and lacking perhaps the softness of a woman's body especially when thinking of her being fertile. I keep thinking a layer of very light pink and set to soft mode would pull it into the realm of a seductive women's part, but that's from the standpoint of me, and nobody else. It is definitely a fabulous image though. :) Maggie

Asher Kelman

Wolfgang, this is a beautiful image and I can understand why the men here would think it also both because it's a great photo and one where men can equate it to a woman's vagina. I, as a woman, find it a little stark and lacking perhaps the softness of a woman's body especially when thinking of her being fertile. I keep thinking a layer of very light pink and set to soft mode would pull it into the realm of a seductive women's part, but that's from the standpoint of me, and nobody else. It is definitely a fabulous image though. :) Maggie

Amazing Maggie that I really would need your help! Wow I was totally blind.

Wolfgang! Now I really get it. It is just so obvious now, beyond the ordinary as I am a trained physician and well versed in in the finesses of gynecological anatomy! I would never have imagined I could not go past the original painting and demand the lips be parted to match the flower!

Thanks both of you!

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi folks!

Thank you very much for your interesting input! Very much appreciated!
When I showed this picture to my wife, she stopped and said: "wow, this is so female ..."
Maggie, I think doing some colorchanges to the picture would push it up from something mysterious to something obvious - that's not my intention.

Asher Kelman

Hi folks!

Thank you very much for your interesting input! Very much appreciated!
When I showed this picture to my wife, she stopped and said: "wow, this is so female ..."
Maggie, I think doing some colorchanges to the picture would push it up from something mysterious to something obvious - that's not my intention.

"Something mysterious", not to me. It was a puzzle as to why this superb;y imaged Cala Lilly was so dark. I had zero idea of eroticism or mystery!

That's why I asked for help!

Pink might have helped.

Colors can be a guide.

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Asher

it is the lack of words for a foreign speaker, mysterious is not the right term, maybe "hidden" hits the point ... and for this picture I like the warmth of the monochrome platinum toning.

Asher Kelman

I now approach the picture in a totally different manner. It’s like having revisited a museum with a guide to explain the symbolism in a painting!

Asher

That's alright, Wolfgang. It is a personal opinion, and as I said, only mine. Obviously, if we all did things exactly the same way, what a boring world it would be. I still think the image is beautiful as it truly is.
:)Maggie

Wolfgang Plattner

That's alright, Wolfgang. It is a personal opinion, and as I said, only mine. Obviously, if we all did things exactly the same way, what a boring world it would be. I still think the image is beautiful as it truly is.
:)Maggie

Of course that's okay, Maggie ... no feeling of offense here, on the other side of the big water ...