• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The mirror in the attic

Antonio Correia

i-wmXPC2T-X3.jpg

Antonio Correia

For nothing in particular.
This is an attic which has been abandoned for some 10 years or may be more.
I went inside today as I was needing access to another area.
I have to make another visit under a different light. Tomorrow perhaps.
There, I have made some shots which I may post later, some mails written 40 years old, sofas, a lot of stuff to trash...
On the sofa, a Photo I bought on the seventies. Still closed. Another Photo underneath. I will open them later on. After the "reportage"

i-gBtdtzk-X3.jpg

Antonio Correia

No way Asher !
I walk like on egg shells... I move everything carefully and slowly...
I am curious to have a look at that Photo !
:)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Do you like this ?
Luisa does't ! I like it but not very much. I simple like ! :)
i-6gHx5w2-X3.jpg

Antonio,

Yes, this is interesting and has potential as a stimulating work. I find the long wire on the right is “extra” to the “entity” of the piece. Of course, if you feel it belongs, my view has no bearing on your considerations.

I find this work inspiring for my own ideas of what would be a remarkable sculptural derivative. If I would choose to go along that path, I wouldn’t be able to use the element on the right for a 3D work.

It could be that Luisa just doesn’t like “mess from the attic”, just as Wendy would demand it gets thrown in the garbage.

But a piece like this I would start off by photographing and then rebuilding a model in steel.

I would be steadfast in exploring this opportunity further as I feel you are moved by this setups “workings” on your inner “Cathedral of the mind” where fabulous ideas are “tested” and shown in an arena just for your own delight!

You must engage with this inner energy and impulsiveness and discover how to export your sense of it all in a physical form within the grasp of all your mental and technical skills.

That Luisa doesn’t like it, might be “yet” and in any case, you must not limit your creativity by presence or absence of immediate approval.

I stop the car and drag in a rolled over steel drum, a palm tree or a dead drunk opossum! Wendy yells, “Don’t you dare bring that crap in the house!” Nevertheless I find somewhere to hide it!

An artist must be open to new experience, (......and defend their loot and booty, just like any respectable Caribbean Pirate)!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you Asher for commenting. :)
I haven't touched anything in the attic. Everything stays as when I got in...
I wouldn't remember to remove the right cable ...

When you both were here, you wanted to take something - a stone? a small trunk ? a piece of metal? - with you and she hide it ! Luisa commented with me at the time.
Of course that many times I am sensitive to his critics as well as she is to mines...

Thank you Asher ! :)

Doug Kerr

Hi, Antonio
For nothing in particular.
This is an attic which has been abandoned for some 10 years or may be more.
I went inside today as I was needing access to another area.
I have to make another visit under a different light. Tomorrow perhaps.
There, I have made some shots which I may post later, some mails written 40 years old, sofas, a lot of stuff to trash...
On the sofa, a Photo I bought on the seventies. Still closed. Another Photo underneath. I will open them later on. After the "reportage"

i-gBtdtzk-X3.jpg

Fabulous!

I enjoyed the carton for the Sony TV set. I see is it apparently the "21 inch" size and its model number, not surprisingly in this case, is 21TE3.

For units sold in the US from 1966 on it was forbidden for the model number to revolve around the nominal inch size of the set. This was a silly part of a law intended to avoid misleading consumers about the screen size of a TV receiver. That had to be stated in a certain way, and there could not be a shorthand for it in the model number!

So a set like this (putting aide the differences in line voltage and transmission format) would have to have been called something like model 483TE3.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

Hi, Antonio,

Do you like this ?
Luisa does't ! I like it but not very much. I simple like ! :)
i-6gHx5w2-X3.jpg

Very nice.

Three conductors whose colors seem to match the current European standard for domestic wiring: blue for the neutral, brown for the hot, and yellow/green for the ground.

And the painted nails are a nice touch.

Om the right I would expect this is coaxial cable, perhaps part of some TV distribution system. Or something else!

But in any case, a fabulous work of art - in reality, and certainly in this photo.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, Antonio,

Very nice.

Three conductors whose colors seem to match the current European standard for domestic wiring: blue for the neutral, brown for the hot, and yellow/green for the ground.

Om the right I would expect this is coaxial cable, perhaps part of some TV distribution system. Or something else!

But in any case, a fabulous work of art - in reality, and certainly in this photo.

Best regards,

Doug

Yup!

I knew the cable on the right has no buisiness being there!

Asher

Antonio Correia

I would at least wear a dust particle mask, simple, inexpensive, and easy to obtain.
Thank you James. There are some of those masks in the house. We use them on the plain, not always though ...
But as I will go there again tomorrow, I will take one.
Anyway to that kind fo dust I am not allergic...
-
Hi, Antonio,
Very nice.
On the right I would expect this is coaxial cable, perhaps part of some TV distribution system. Or something else!
Best regards, Doug
Yes Doug you are right in everything. It was from a TV screen. After all, it is there only to hold the energy cable. In this attic there has never been any TV... just the empty box.
Thank you for commenting.
Cheers ! :)